New mod: Huge scrape on side of car

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
If they Do let me know and il send you a valuation on cost of replacement mate. Also find out what the buy back price is. Il either sort you the parts or buy it off you for more than what they offer.
Ak

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Don't let them take it as someone said above you can't buy back just tell them you want to keep the car and they will give you cash minus there valve of the damaged car

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Until it's assessed I can't make a decision though, can I? And I don't have the room to just keep it here, or the money to buy a replacement, so I don't have much choice but to just see how it goes and if there's an option to buy it back afterwards (assuming it is written off) to put it to anyone interested, surely?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
you cant buy it back, copart now have 90% of the contracts, once your cars gone its gone,

you need to ask them to do a mobile estimate, they'll come to you take pics etc

once they've done the estimate it will be passed on to the ins engineer who will kill it, and it will be killed so you need to ask them for a cash in lu settlement or you'll never see the car again,

trust me i do this day in day out.

jake if you need any help just ask 01706 639007

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
OK. First time ever involved in a crash as a passenger or driver, so this is all new to me. I'll see what I can sort. Frankly though, the most important thing for me is that I get mobile ASAP. I have a courtesy car now but if they write-off I'll lose that immediately, won't I?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Okey dokey chaps, just had a call from the repairers. They've got the repair costs at £4,802 and it's got a bent steering rack. Apparently this is £800 without something or other I didn't catch. They've also told me that I can call the insurers and express an interest in retaining salvage, but it's all or nothing. Couple of you have expressed an interest in taking it off my hands, so can you let me know what sort of money you'd be prepared to pay (if you still want it) and I'll see what information I can get from the insurers for you.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Steering rack, panels/doors and the two wheels on the drivers side as they've apparently got chunks missing (and they say they cost >£400 each?). That's all they've told me

MasserS

Apr 13, 2011
North West
Remove any extra bits you can.

head unit, armrest, cd changer, or any bolt on mods.

should give you an extra few quid.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I had a double-din dash conversion with a Kenwood DVD player and bluetooth unit in, and they're all out with the original cassette unit back in now. There are no other mods to the car, but it has recently had new F1 Assy 2 fitted to the front, new DS2500 pads on the front, a new clutch/DMF and a rebuilt gearbox. It's also got Recaro front/rear seats

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Did they not say how much you can have the car for plus cash obviously! You must do what's best for you but i will add a bit more to their buy back if it works better for you!
Sk

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
It was just the garage letting me know. They're sending the report to the insurers today so will hopefully find out tomorrow. I contacted the insurers to check that I can retain salvage if I want still and they said that I can and that they'll let me know IF it's written off (as if it won't be with that much damage?). Will know more tomorrow. Will let you all know how much they want for it if that's the case and frankly, if anyone wants it then as long as it can be collected and I have at least the cash that I'd have got from a flat payout I'll be happy

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I don't know, but I vaguely recall being told that the steering is much tighter in the LCR, ie more steering angle for less turn of the wheel, and that would seem to fit that my wife has a 1.4S and I have the LCR and the steering is very different

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.