New mod: Huge scrape on side of car

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
why thank you , your a bit of a ****** yourself jumping the gun I was merely offering an opinion to Antnee not u

and for your information I pay what's due what they ask each year if I get it cheaper I move if not I stay

and I've never made a claim not on either of my 4 full comp policies for each vehicle /bikes so why would I fcking moan

even had two bikes pinched years ago and for what they were worth I didn't claim just left the insurance ran until the end so I could collect my years no claims

nobhead

Antnee just that's how I would feel being offered peanuts as a payout through not your fault obviously out of pocket

Your offering opinion was to make a fraudulent claim :thumbup: nice one! Which is why premiums are what they are but I didn't say you had done it did I?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
What's happened really blows for me. Really pissed about it all. I have my own ethics but I don't want this to get into a slagging match between anyone on here. Ultimately I'll fight the tight fisted insurers until they make a reasonable offer or turn up outside my house with a suitable replacement. Andy, I understand what you're saying; not to make a fraudulent claim but to ensure they pay out sufficiently so that I can actually afford to replace my car with an equivalent or better. I have to do it by the book though. I'm obsessive compulsive with what they call a "black and white personality" so I can't bend the rules. Let's not be so hard on the guy though. He's just looking out for a fellow member who is having the insurers trying to screw him in the ass. On the plus side, great to see so many honest guys on here. Credit to all of you

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Antnee, I think in reality obviously the insurance company will go higher you normally have to to and fro about other similar examples to get more for your car.
If you can buy it back and sell it on as it is and with the money from the insurance you will have enough for a newer LCR or whatever car you choose to replace it
Say for example the insurance give you £2500, buy your car back for £180 then sell as is to someone who will break it for say £800, this will give you over £3k, with that you can buy a newer probably 225 version of the LCR

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
What's happened really blows for me. Really pissed about it all. I have my own ethics but I don't want this to get into a slagging match between anyone on here. Ultimately I'll fight the tight fisted insurers until they make a reasonable offer or turn up outside my house with a suitable replacement. Andy, I understand what you're saying; not to make a fraudulent claim but to ensure they pay out sufficiently so that I can actually afford to replace my car with an equivalent or better. I have to do it by the book though. I'm obsessive compulsive with what they call a "black and white personality" so I can't bend the rules. Let's not be so hard on the guy though. He's just looking out for a fellow member who is having the insurers trying to screw him in the ass. On the plus side, great to see so many honest guys on here. Credit to all of you

at least someone got what was getting at , well hope all goes well and keep pushing back at them with the offers they must have a few offers to start from bottom book and start upwards if first offer refused

would pictures and evidence of similar cars with same mileage on the market with similar upgrades like your dd sat nav etc show a value of what they are selling at etc

I wont bother replying back , seems to be too many jumped up :censored: on here nowadays

all the best mate :thumbup:

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I've taken the DD out. There's nothing in the car that isn't standard, but there are a lot of relatively new bits. There aren't a lot out there for sale but I found a few and sent them through to the insurers so they can see values etc. We'll see how long they want to drag this out. If they won't give me the cash I Need then they'll need to turn up with a suitable car instead

Lee-sw20

Similar thing happened to my last one
vyny2a8y.jpg

Nearly a year ago was cat b write off :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members