Fog Light Access

pops1368

Aug 23, 2009
Hi,

I have decided to swap the bulbs on my 2009 mk5 Ibiza. Am I correct in thinking that removal of the bolt/screw, (looking at the driver's side fog light the bolt is located at the 10 to position) will give me the access required, or will I need the trim removal tool?

Also, do I need a HB3 or HB4 bulbs?

Thanks

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Hi mate on my FR you need a trim removal tool for the fog grill, once that's removed you can get acces to the foglight rotate the unit and it pops off giving access to the bulb which is HB4

pops1368

Aug 23, 2009
Cheers mate.

I know the trim removal tool can be bought really cheap, but I don't want to waste money on them unnecessarily if I don't need them. I'm tempted to undo the screw and see what happens, but not knowing what it's for makes me nervous. If you look at your fog light (offside) does it have the screwed the ten to position near the fog light?

Thanks for the advice re bulbs.

pops1368

Aug 23, 2009
Thanks guys.

Craig, where did you get your CREE LEDs from? Just been on auto bulbs direct and it suggests I need HB3 bulbs.

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
So you need a trim removal tool.........

Make your mind up man...........:rofl:
I said trim removal as a general term lol, as for the bulbs I got them off amazon being LEDs I had to cut away/modify the bulb holder as the polarity was reversed so had to insert them into the holder backwards