How bad is the dpf problem

Jun 24, 2007
durham
Hi everyone I've just placed a deposit on a 2010 leon fr tdi with 60k on the clocks , was simply planning on a remap to get the best out of the car but I keep reading different things regarding the dpf . Will I be able to just get a simple remap to 200 bhp or is it necessary to get the dpf removed first ? Also if I get the car remapped and the dpf goes is it just a case of getting it removed ? Sorry if these have been answered 100 times but I keep reading contradicting things

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
When mapping cr170's stick to the main tuners.
Anything that sounds to good to be true usually is.
I found that out using an all talk tuner.
Ended up with Revo and extremely happy.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Marshall has been stung by one of these so called Tuners "with good reviews" most of the reviews are written by people who have never had a remap before and think its the dogs dangles

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Big fish tuning will give you a good map and good after sales service. My 1.2tsi was mapped by him and he's a great guy.

I will probably go with REVO for my cr 170 though. Are you a member on the VagCars forum? You get a discount with big fish if you are :)

Andrew, John at big fish has many good reviews on Facebook and the local VagCars forum, not just reviews on his website. He actually quoted me on his website too. He's not a dodgy tuner who's out there to max money and not care about customers.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i dont want to sound like im bashing them here because im not.

I've seen alot of posts recently on other social media websites where "decent" maps from tuners have been logged and there actually not very good at all.

Just because a map feels fine... does well etc doesn't mean its good... you need to do some logging see what is actually going on

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Mine went on the rolling road at SEDOX and awesome GTI. Both graphs looked spot on. At awesome there were quite a few people surprised at the power and how good it was.

Obviously mapping a 1.2tsi is a bit different to mapping the 2.0tdi, and as in my previous post I will probably go down the route of REVO myself.

It's a shame Marshall got treated the way he did by SEDOX and I think they are mainly a good company, just concentrating too much on the m135i because Dave has one.

But yes, you do need to remember 'buy cheap but twice'

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
you need to do some logging to find out how its making that power though.. the engine might be under massive strain

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
As above with cr170 stick with Revo.
As for Sedox being a good company I totally disagree, for a company with so many great reviews there's more and more nightmare stories popping up.
I was chasing to get my refund but when a company makes it as awkward as they have to do so I'd rather stop other enthusiasts making the same mistake I did.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
as i said though most people who get maps havent had one before they have nothing to compare to.

So when they get in their car and its faster they will think the tuner is the best ever

Jun 24, 2007
durham
What's the price of the revo software ? As I said I've had it on Ibiza fr and it was a great map and slightly more aggressive than the apr one

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Also vote for the "go for Revo" option.
It's just the best CR170 map out there. Guaranteed.

Mines mapped by Sedox, and I'm pleased, but it's far from perfect and I'd switch in a heartbeat if I had a spare 400 quid.

gh.fr

Leon FR CR TDI
Dec 20, 2007
Bradford
I swapped to revo from a sedox map for my cr170. I had a nagging doubt after going to sedox, and Marshalls problems only multiplied that doubt. I wouldn't say my car is any quicker with the revo map, but I do have peace of mind now and that's worth a lot to me.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.