Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Finally got some time, and took the engine cover off to get a few pics so people who are interested can see which bits I had to cut off to fit it over my Evoms induction kit.

Standard cover and modified cover
IMG_2696.jpg

Modified cover you can see that I've cut away the MAF housing and along the back of the cover
IMG_2695.jpg

View from the back side.
IMG_2697.jpg

I've had to cut away most of the air box on the bottom half of the cover and the part that connects to the air intake.
IMG_2698.jpg

You can see here I've had to cut one of the engine cover mounts off on the back to make it fit.
IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

Here is just a few close up pics of the cover fitted
IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

Hope this helps anybody who's interested.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Did the car drive well with stage 1 no clutch issue etc

My cars previous owner had the car at stage 2+ and uprated clutch. He removed all the stage 2+ mods and returned to the standard map but left the uprated clutch on. So I have had no issues with anything and my car drives really well, pulls a lot harder right throught the rev range.
As far as I can remember reading on here a stage 1 remap should be ok with the standard clutch.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
A little bit of an update, yesterday morning I finally got round to fitting my boost gauge, pillar pod and APR boost tap. For the fitting I followed the guide on here which was very helpful and wired it up using the instructions I got with it.

While looking through the instruction I found a receipt for the boost tap and the name on the receipt was Kev's who had the car before me. I thought it was strange how I bought something used 3rd hand and it returned to the car it was originally bought for.

Here is pics of everything fitted.
APR boost tap, needs rotating 90 degrees anti clockwise

null_zpsae29f74e.jpg

Pillar pod and boost gauge fitted

null_zps27b1fb48.jpg

null_zps1b9fa8a4.jpg

In the dark

null_zps38dfbfa4.jpg

null_zps409e24e7.jpg

Went for a spin today to see what boost my car was making don't know if its right or not but APR stage 1 peak boost at 22-23 psi and dropping to 17-18 psi at the redline. My numbers might be a little out as I could only look briefly as the roads I was on were not the best for not watching where you are going.

Also yesterday while I had time I fit my battery box to tidy my engine bay up, and fit mudflaps to try keep the back abit cleaner in winter.

Engine bay before

IMG_2689.jpg

Battery box fitted and it looks loads better that the felt original one.

null_zps964fd8e4.jpg

Mudflaps

44e36833-9bbf-4be8-9810-07d7ac1e8317.jpg

Next Saturday I'm off down to Aks to get Aks Big Brake Kit fit, 4 pot Brembo calipers with 370mm floating disc. Should stop a lot quick next week, then am thinking of booking myself in at Croft for a track day in November.

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
Northern Ireland Portglenone
battery box looks like a very neat job. i bet your pleased with the mudflaps?
yea the pilot sports are a great job and im not just saying that because i work for michelin lol tread pattern looks much more sporty than the p zeros i think :p

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
battery box looks like a very neat job. i bet your pleased with the mudflaps?
yea the pilot sports are a great job and im not just saying that because i work for michelin lol tread pattern looks much more sporty than the p zeros i think :p

Yeah I'm pleased with the mudflaps they should help keep the back end of my car clean and they actually look good.
How much did you pay for your pilot super sports working for Michelin? Nothing?

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
yip mate got them free and get free winter tyres but need to order them around march time for october arrival so i was too late by time i had bought the car in august. just some of the perks of the job :)

Two sets of tyres a year is a good perk of the job, if you were to buy 4 Pilot Super Sports for the R wheels you would be looking at £720 and then you still get a winter set.

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
Northern Ireland Portglenone
yea saved me a fortune but dont do massive miles so dont need them very often. then when im selling i buy the tyres off them at a reduced rate or hand them back and stick another set of tyres on. but its a lottery what your going to get my old car had bf goodrich on front and michelin on back

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Yesterday I travelled down to AKS tuning, to have some new stoppers fit. 500 mile round trip but defiantly worth it, AKS custom big brake kit 4 pot brembo calipers 370mm floating discs. Here is a few pics,
Standard brakes

IMG_2681.jpg

At AKS before my wheels went back on

null_zpsd3afb8e9.jpg

Wheels back on, not much clearance between the calipers and the spokes.

null_zps40fa3f79.jpg

I'll get some more pics when I've cleaned my car.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
They look awesome. Bet they stop on 5p

I haven't had chance to test them for myself but I've read off the other people with the kit that they do. Going to see if I can have the the 7th of November off work tomorrow and get booked in at Croft for a track day to give them a good test.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
them brakes look very nice :p standard brakes i thought were amazing so id say youll only have to look at the brake pedal to do an emergency stop lol

Haha, I've only tried them gently so far, when the weather drys up I'll give them a test and then hopefully at Croft on the 7th.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise