Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Just did this following the guide on PAGE 33 and have to say very easy job to do with a bit of patience. It can be done by one person, just hold the door card in one hand and unclip stuff with the other! As for the butyl roll, I simply left it in the paper sleeve, stuck it on a kitchen roll holder and wound it off that.

The old stuff that came off looked like this:

The broken bits were the 6-8inches from beneath the speaker) where as the butyl looks like thick liquorice and goes on really easy.

Now for a rainy day to test my work out :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
looking down through an empty door

image006.jpg

Seal around outer edge of door. Viewed from underneath door facing up.
Arrow shows one of the oval drain holes in the door and corresponding drain hole in seal.
Outer lip of seal has to be pulled back to see the drain holes.

image007.jpg

Swiss Toni

Bora water leak

Hi, newbie here.

I've got a Bora and had these leaking issues. Using this site and the Tdiclub, I thought I'd fixed them, now however the mould smell is back.

I'll deal with the leak at the weekend, I thought I did a proper job last time, doors and pollen/electric boxes, I stripped the interior, pressure washed the carpet, bleached the underlay and then used an anti-mould spray on both the back of the carpet and the tray.

So I'm pretty p1ssed off I have to have another go at it. The road where I park has a severe camber, there's no avoiding it.

Anyway, my question is the underlay/soundproofing traY. It will stink of mould again for sure.
Who's done what reagrding the smell? Just dry it and put it back in?

Last time I used about 6 litres of bleach and let it soak before rinsing and drying, but it's a brutal process, the smell lingers, and the missus is non too pleased with the involvement of the bath for the bleaching.

Any tips please?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.