installing OEM xenon headlights

alex4kant

Oct 11, 2013
Germany
hey guys,

i have some questions for the OEM xenon headlights.
in Germany there are not many people who install OEM xenon.
my Ibiza has no xenon, just the h7 headlights.
i want to install xenon headlights (depo, original control unit, osram xenon bulbs) without dynamic headlight leveling.
the question: can i install the actuator / servomotor from the h7 headlight in the xenon headlight, so that i can control the xenon headlight leveling with the adjusting wheel? Or do i have do install the actuator / servomotor from xenon headlights in the headlights and connect them to the adjusting wheel? The connectors from the actuators are different, the design of the actuators is different ... i don't know. :think:

thanks a lot!

Alex

Last edited:

alex4kant

Oct 11, 2013
Germany
Just the headlight case is not really expensive, a set with both cases from "depo" cost around 150 pounds (170€). The OEM control unit around 50 pounds apiece and the xenon bulbs around 50 pounds for the set. The question is, which actuators i must use??? OEM / H7 or OEM / xenon?

Last edited:

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I have the OEM xenon upgrade. I got both headlights, a pair of ballasts and a pair of bulbs and then fitted them. Everything works fine, and the height adjustment wheel works too. No auto-leveling, but with the adjustment wheel working it's no big deal to me.

alex4kant

Oct 11, 2013
Germany
Thanks a lot!

I will do the same. But: which actuators/servermotors do you use? The OEM from halogen headlights?

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

May 21, 2009
I have the OEM xenon upgrade. I got both headlights, a pair of ballasts and a pair of bulbs and then fitted them. Everything works fine, and the height adjustment wheel works too. No auto-leveling, but with the adjustment wheel working it's no big deal to me.

How do u get on at mot time when you need headlight washers and auto levelling?

scottyA

Just bought a set myself and i was curious if they will alow it if you get a lenient MOT but yeah legal requirement is 6K or less and self leveling headlights and washers. (as far as Im aware)

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
It's not. Had this debate at my mot. I rang vosa. You will only fail if systems are present and not working. If fitted aftermarket and systems are not fitted you won't fail.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Never had an issue at MOT, got another one coming up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks a lot!

I will do the same. But: which actuators/servermotors do you use? The OEM from halogen headlights?

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

I didn't take anything off the OEM halogen, or add anything to the xenons, literally just swapped one whole headlight cluster for the new one. I guess the actuators/servermotors are built into the xenons.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise