Tto all 1.2 fr owners...

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
Need some help. looking into upgrading from my current ibiza to a brand new 1.2 fr. Wondering has everybody enjoyed theres and have they had any problems or things i should look out for?

Or should i just not upgrade. I currently have a 1.4 se copa 61 plate. the proposed fr is slightly quicker but has the new facelift with leds etc..

any help will be appreciated as i no nothing on the fr's..

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
yerh just realised that there!. is the upgrade just simply for the leds in the lights stil with halogens or are they upgraded to xenons?

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Not sure mate but I think they're xenons?

The FR's are nice, but I don't think I would swap unless it was time to do so. I'd probably go for something different too. Maybe the Leon?

yozza1987

Leon Mk3 Fr
Sep 3, 2013
Worcester
I done the same move, what annoyed me was that what you would lose unless you specify it on the new fr (if you still can) is folding mirrors, auto dimming rear view and auto lights, the rear light are led but as it costs for front led

What i done was change the sidelight bulbs to led, looks good enough for my liking and cost about £8

the 1.2 is cheaper to tax and i found insure, also aslong as you dont floor it can be a lot more economical than the 1.4 16v you have got now

Haven't had any issues with mine and im saving about £15-£20 a week in petrol (do approx 100-150 miles a week)

hope this all helps

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
yerh. the leons are abit too far out my price range pal! plus i actually prefer the look of the ibizas ( not just been a ass) haha and cheers it helps alot mate. i really like the leds in the new ones and just the overall look of them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.