Tips on removing drive shaft from hub as seized in

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
Any tips/ tricks on removing a seized drive shaft from the hub. When the springs were fitted my mechanic had to drop the whole hub/ driveshaft/ strut together due to strut stuck in hub and shaft stuck in hub.
Anyhow i need a new cv boot and lower suspension arms due to bushes gone. Are there any pullers/presses or tips to free the shaft from the hub?
Thanks in advance!

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Probs new hub / driveshaft time

This is what i had to do!

Whatever you do buy a genuine shaft (i tried JR driveshafts and they are shockingly crap)

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
Oh not what i wanted to hear, i didnt know if there was a special tool to put a bit of pressure on it to push it out. Best get pricing parts up!!

adeyspec

Oct 9, 2013
pullHub.jpg

T108

Jul 2, 2008
have taken the hub and shaft off as one then used a large hydrulic bearing press to press the shaft out. it is possible

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
Iv got a couple big pullers like that, the mechanic said hes sure its doable just wondering if theres any tips. Thanks for help/ pics!!

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
when i lowered my leon i had to use a puller set to get the driveshafts out the hub dont forget that when using a puller you dont just wind it in you have to wind it tight then hit it with a hammer and repeat the process

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
We were going to try heat but didnt want to damage the bearings too, good tip with the hammer, i like the sound of a hammer.....the bigger the better in my eyes!!!!

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
We were going to try heat but didnt want to damage the bearings too, good tip with the hammer, i like the sound of a hammer.....the bigger the better in my eyes!!!!

dont hit it to hard you dont want to damage the end of the puller, the biggest problem i had was getting the strut out the hub i had to use a vice to hold the hub a sledge hammer a bit of scaffolding pipe to get the old strut out it was an absolute pig of a job one conselation is my mate lowered the rear in the time it took me to change the sidelight bulbs :rofl: so thats the easy bit :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise