Spare wheels

Drewster

Hi all,

I am seriously considering getting a spare set of wheels with winter tyres fitted. Winters seem to be getting increasingly bad over the last few years and the Exeo with the 18's hardly performs well in the white slippy stuff.

Was thinking of hunting down a cheap set of steel wheels on ebay/breakers, was thinking probably 16's but that's why I am here.

What other seat/VW/Audi/Skoda wheels fit the Exeo? what should I be looking out for?

Drewster

I have found a set of steel 16" wheels, below is the description, would these be any good?

Hi, set of four new beetle 16" steel wheels taken from a 20 valve turbo. I bought these to get banded and run on my mk3 golf gti but plans changed. They are 5x100 6.5x16 et42 so will fit a variety of 5 stud vag cars, if you need any fitment advice drop me a line. These are perfect to run as winter wheels, for banding or for a cool subtle look.

Offset looks OK, I think and as I understand it, 16's will fit over the 143 front brakes.

ray red altea

Hi dont know if i am being helpfull or not ,,but i did this on my altea two years ago cheapest steels were 16s direct from seat dealers best thing i ever did put continental winter contact tyres on them and are superb ,i changed the altea for an exeo sport 18s and they go straight on to the exeo ,did the checks before i bought the car ,last winter they were brilliant ,will go back on in december. a thing to bear in mind also they will last forever mine have done two winters and still have miles of tred ,summers wear terribly on winter cold roads

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
An alternative may be to buy winter tyres already mounted on steel wheels from somewhere like mytyres. When I bought mine a few years ago they were pretty good value and there was obviously no need to get tyres fitted.

Leodis

May 30, 2011
Would definitely recommend all 4 wheels or else you will find yourself doing pirouettes on the brakes and around bends.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.