Alternative 83mm head gasket to 06B 103 383 AF

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
I'm having a 2008cc stroker short block fitted to my LCR (mk1), it comes with 83mm HG (HG has been used for around 3k) that I'll be replacing but need advise on which HG to use.

Do I use the 06B 103 383 AF/R (ALT) HG or is there any other HG I should consider?

I have no problem using the ALT gasket as I believe its used by many, however I read that timing *may* be an issue due to it being thinner than the stock 1.8t gasket. This may just be down to the block and head being skimmed on the engine it was used on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
what part number gasket/thickness was on james's one?

ALT is 0.4mm thinner than std 1.8t gasket fyi (and what badgerwagen runs)

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
what part number gasket/thickness was on james's one?

ALT is 0.4mm thinner than std 1.8t gasket fyi (and what badgerwagen runs)

Found the part number its elring 376841

83.3mm bore and 0.9mm thick

Think I'll stick with the ALT one, if its good enough for the badgerwagen its good enough for me. Plus the elring has a rivet bent over which worried me slightly

Do you have any available that you could get to me by Tuesday? I know its a big ask, if not I'll get one from the dealers etc

P.S. Can you book me in for map tweak on 1st Nov if still available? I take it I just drive the car off boost til then.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
For future reference the Elring part number above is equivalent to OE part 06F 103 383 G/H

Which is used on the following 2.0 tfsi engines

AXX
BGB
BHZ
BPG
BPJ
BPY
BUL
BWA
BWE
BWJ
BWT