Tinting lights (fly eye)

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
just been looking at it. thinking about doing it on mine. is it 100% legal? and anyone got any good pictures?

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Only thing is if you get them on the front headlights be careful as standard bulbs no longer work anywhere near as good and greatly reduces visibility at night, I bought some Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs to compentsate and the headlight glass became rather hot, bearing in mind those weren't HID'S either and caused the Fly Eye to bubble.

This was on my Old DS3 on my Readers Ride Page and I have not tried since on the Ibiza

safc_chris

Jan 3, 2013
just a update. had the mesh style vinyl posted out and fitted staright away. been on a while now and no trouble. sticks on well and even had the power wash over it and stayed on!
looks good and a cheaper alternative to spraying the unit

MK5-KXE

Old School
Dec 7, 2011
Canterbury
Yes i have got some on my car now. And they are brilliant, easy and removable :) A good investment. :1st:
480657_10151734678782607_2133148938_n.jpg

Delta240

Looking good, looking at doing this myself with LED's front and rear.

Fourbears

Jul 15, 2013
Unfortunately what you have done is illegal! You cannot tint the lights (front or rear) as they then become non EU type approved. Only way is to get some that have been through the EU type approval process, which I suspect would be difficult.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.