Drkas LCR- Air and Interior by Plush

drka-drka

New Schooler
Looking good flash! Those plates make such a difference!

Aye will be good to get them on.

Car's looking amazing still, any future plans for it?

Where were those centering plates from and how much mate?

No real big plans just gonna potter away with it, more interested in my 106s so this will just be a run around.

I got them from US, idf make them. ECS also make similar ones that are cheaper but they don't work with air ride.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
It's good to see that you we're able to source some rear centering plates suitable for air ride. Were they much more than the ECS ones? They make a world of difference aesthetically and the ride quality at the rear is much better in staying away from arch rubbing - in a non-airride car.

How's the search for front discs going? As time has gone on, I've become happier with my Forge discs. I put up a couple of alternatives on my thread - not sure if you saw them? Did you buy your caliper to hub mounting bolts or did they already come with your calipers? I heard that you could get some OE ones from VW??

As said by many, glad to see that you're sticking with the car for the moment :)

Last edited:

drka-drka

New Schooler
I swear you get more 'race car' with each update ;)

Good work buddy.

Haha race car, will have a roll cage fitted in no time ;-)

It's good to see that you we're able to source some rear centering plates suitable for air ride. Were they much more than the ECS ones? They make a world of difference aesthetically and the ride quality at the rear is much better in staying away from arch rubbing - in a non-airride car.

How's the search for front discs going? As time has gone on, I've become happier with my Forge discs. I put up a couple of alternatives on my thread - not sure if you saw them? Did you buy your caliper to hub mounting bolts or did they already come with your calipers? I heard that you could get some OE ones from VW??

As said by many, glad to see that you're sticking with the car for the moment :)

Yeah I'm really chuffed with them, the joys of social media and following all the golf scenesters. They add a cheeky bit of camber in too, this along with some different spacers should give me the 'stance' I'm after finally. Cost me in the end with postage/import tax came to around £230.

It's not really going anywhere just now, I messaged K-sport/D2 they wanted £800 and no one else has got back to me. The forge ones are at the top of my budget but I'm really unsure what to do as u could flog my kit for good money and just keep the 4 pots. Then again I'd love to see them mint 6pots behind newly refurbed alphards :think: I got the whole kit as its shown in the pics. The adaptors are good quality not the creation ones

Cheers man, runs out tax and insurance this month so not bothering with it for a few months focus on my rallye [B)] but will still tinker and get all the niggles sorted for next year.

drka-drka

New Schooler
Continuing the disc hunt, think I might go for 330 disks as if found some for a decent price even once they'r shipped over from US. I can't justify spending £590 on discs just now, got many ski holidays to pay for.

And the car is being a twat just now and not starting so at end month it goes across my garage slot and it will stay there till I can be arsed with it. Maybe next year time maybe not. Usual story can never make my mind up.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Might be worth looking at Godspeed discs, they do a 330mm 2-piece kit so they look cool and don't suffer from heat so much.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Iv spoken to them already, they are a option.

another way I'm researching is bill sells bells for these and ray land sell rotors in both sizes and are able to drill them to any bell pcd so i could do that.

Seems like a good option. Is there much of price difference? If only I knew hey... :rolleyes:

Spirit Furtive

Nov 20, 2010
Oxfordshire
Looks good. I will warn you though that if you handle alcantara a lot then it goes shiny and looks a bit odd. Shouldn't be too bad for you though as I don't think yours is a daily driver so you wont be touching it every day.

drka-drka

New Schooler
Finally some interesting progress been made. The 6 pots I got well over 2 year ago are finally on. Car has been treated to fresh discs, pads, new rear wheel bearings, new rear calipers, the 6 pots with new brembo sensors and porsche to MK4 braided HEL lines.

I fitted my IDF relocation plates for the rear axle. These stop the rear wheel creep when car is slammed, so a worth while mod for mk4 platform cars.

They did this, added 2 degrees of camber to which is awesome for when I get the alphards back on

The sexy new stoppers

Because I need to space the wheels out more but about another 3-5mm ontop of the 15mm adaptors my front won't air out as the tyres in the way so going to out the front tyres on rear alphards so will be 215 tyres on 9.5j rears and 205 on the front 8.5j so I can keep the front wheels flush and still get it low without touching tyre on arch. The rears once I figure out spacing should sit between tyre and wheel lip.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise