Clutch gone :(

Makam pete

Nov 26, 2009
Blackburn
Car broke yesterday....clutch went spongy and no gears. Not a happy bunny ive done search on here and most people have said its slave cylinder n clutch and around £400+ to sort. Car going off road till get money as skint lol. Sometimes feel like breaking it for spares as worth more. Doing head right in.
Ok moan over

slimwiltaz

Sep 5, 2012
Ive just bought a 3pc luk clutch kit for 130. Already bought a flywheel a while back just need it fitted. Dont think it will be 400+ just for clutch replaced

ABT

Speak to this guy... He is breaking a cupra r... May give you the clutch cheap

07866 484228

Makam pete

Nov 26, 2009
Blackburn
Ive just bought a 3pc luk clutch kit for 130. Already bought a flywheel a while back just need it fitted. Dont think it will be 400+ just for clutch replaced

Thanks for info where did u order from Please.

Ive got a 2005 LCR with stage one map but have no
Idea what kind to get :( and do you have to replace flywheel

Last edited:

supa_sam

Black n yellow says hello
Feb 24, 2013
Leeds
Mine started slipping at the weekend, had a few quotes the cheapest being £550 fully fitted genuine luk clutch and dmf.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
DMF=Duel mass flywheel.
If the slave cylinder has gone then you don't need to replace the clutch itself, just the slave cylinder. Problem is that you need to remove the gearbox to replace it, so if your clutch is quite near to needing replacing then you might as well do that at the same time, as the major cost is the labour of removing the box to do it. If you're handy with a spanner then you can remove the box yourself (i did mine, not too hard, about a days work) and just pay for the slave cylinder.
DMF's wear out and most people change them when replacing the clutch for the same reason, labour costs, but if yours is in good condition and you're skint then you don't have replace it.

Last edited:

Makam pete

Nov 26, 2009
Blackburn
DMF=Duel mass flywheel.
If the slave cylinder has gone then you don't need to replace the clutch itself, just the slave cylinder. Problem is that you need to remove the gearbox to replace it, so if your clutch is quite near to needing replacing then you might as well do that at the same time, as the major cost is the labour of removing the box to do it. If you're handy with a spanner then you can remove the box yourself (i did mine, not too hard, about a days work) and just pay for the slave cylinder.
DMF's wear out and most people change them when replacing the clutch for the same reason, labour costs, but if yours is in good condition and you're skint then you don't have replace it.

Thanks Matty think slave cylinder as clutch pedal going in n out but been slipping lately so prob get clutcj done. How much is a dmf?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Nw's mate. Usually if the slave has gone the pedal just stays on the floor, but if the clutch has been slipping as well then you might as well do the lot, clutch,dmf and slave cylinder. You should check the master cylinder for leaks too, as it could be that causing the sponginess of the pedal.
I think from memory a standard DMF is around the £200 mark, but some people offer a clutch kit that contains the lot and saves money. I'm sure someone else will have a recent price on a kit here for you. Have a look here for a rough idea of whats about http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/ or try GFS car parts etc if you just want standard replacements.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise