engine cutting out

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
Anyone had any issue with their Leon cupra r engine cutting off at a certain point? Any help would be appreciated its just that mine is cutting out then wont let me restart straight away but after say around 30 secs it will start back up again.
Thanks in advance for your replies

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
Cheers mate, i haven't got one, wonder if anyone around the Manchester area would let me use theirs for the day or where i can get one from

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
Ill have to have a look for one, its alright on open roads but in stop start traffic it cuts out after a bit and drinking the petrol

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
Spoken to a mechanic earlier and he seems to reckon that it could be a coil pack over heating seeing as though it is only happening in slow/stop start moving traffic and not when im on the motorway. Anyone help me with this?

davidcaffery

Sep 28, 2013
Manchester
Was thinking about that because i had that go on my previous car (corsa b) but i don't know wether it would only affect the car in slow traffic because it was fine on the motorway which i did around a 40 mile journey

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
best thing is to get it connected to VAGCOM mate. should have a code stored on the ECU. but wouldnt surprise me if it was a crank sensor