Newcastle upon Tyne
It's here:
sy2yveva.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Can't decide on the relentless, might just stick with it for now. Bill's to far away, Nikki isn't to bad, it just depends on how long he'll need the car for

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Not sure how it can fit k03 and K04 as they are in slightly different places
I assume you're not impressed with the relentless one

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Shame you've already got the turbo, could have got a top mount mani and had a much bigger blower to suit with only a little downpipe rejigging
Your engine spec is way above what the little K04 frame can throw out

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
What's wrong with the relentless you have fitted.?

No gains over the OEM manifold and the quality problems with them are always on my mind, feels as though I'm just waiting for it to fail

Shame you've already got the turbo, could have got a top mount mani and had a much bigger blower to suit with only a little downpipe rejigging
Your engine spec is way above what the little K04 frame can throw out

I know mate but I want usable power and can't afford a 4 wheel drive conversion

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Stick with the V3, it will allow you to make the most of what the hybrid can offer. How are you sure that the v3 has made you no extra power.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm not 100% just doesn't seem to have. Can't find any other alternative so it looks as though it's staying.

I'll be ordering a clutch on pay day, need to get the injectors ordered this month and then all I'll need is WMI :)

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
You don't need a 4wd conversion to utilise more power
If you were to have a got for example gt2860, you could make a good 340-350 without pushing the turbo hard, giving longevity
It may just be me, but ive never rated the hybrids and to make good power they are pushed hard and wont last anywhere near as long

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I'm not 100% just doesn't seem to have. Can't find any other alternative so it looks as though it's staying.

I'll be ordering a clutch on pay day, need to get the injectors ordered this month and then all I'll need is WMI :)

The problem is we all believe what we read and although i'm not a huge fan of the relentless build quality it has had some BS bantered around about the lack of flow on a V3 compared to V2. Its not true imho since it looks like its a better flowing manifold in terms of runner routes and no of welds etc... the flow path looks better. What is unforgivable though is apparantly the ports of the manifold flange doesn't line up perfectly with that of the engine exhaust ports and some require a little porting.
I think the reason you haven't felt much if any in the butt dyno is the stock mani manages perfectly well with stage 2 power levels but it does hold power back at hybrid power levels.The difference between a good stage 2 car and a decent hybrid setup is very noticeable, you have alot of fun to look forward to. :)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
You don't need a 4wd conversion to utilise more power
If you were to have a got for example gt2860, you could make a good 340-350 without pushing the turbo hard, giving longevity
It may just be me, but ive never rated the hybrids and to make good power they are pushed hard and wont last anywhere near as long

Thats a fair point Tim, but the most recent hybrids like what beach buggy makes are all from solid well known parts such as the 2.0T compressor wheel and turbine etc. Some manufactures built hybrids that didn't last or produce the goods and weekened their appeal.
The garrett turbos are an attractive option but the build cost will be considerably more and what they will gain you top end you will lose down below. My hybrid has been fitted for 6 years now and still going strong. :shrug:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.