Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
have you got any pics of the boost gauge from the outside??

Took a few pics of the boost gauge from the outside for you jake. Not the best of pics, my phone was just getting loads of reflection but you can sort of see.

From the front of the car through the windscreen
null_zpsfd402345.jpg

Side view through the front quarter window, can't see any cables, if you look very closely you can see the fibre glass back of the pillar pod, but if your not stood right next to the car it's just black.
null_zps58127908.jpg

Drivers side window
null_zpsbfb4b1c8.jpg

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Went to Croft today for a trackday. My Cupra R handled very well, I was surprised how well it handled with just H&R lowering springs. Am very happy with the Aks big brake kit stopped the car really fast. The day started off wet, my Michelin PSS tyres on the front gripped amazingly wasnt to happy with Pzero's on the back even when it dried up they were sliding a bit. Here is a few pics from today

XS2_0028.jpg

XS2_0049.jpg

XS2_0297.jpg

XS2_0298.jpg

XS2_0373.jpg

XS2_0397.jpg

XS2_00522.jpg

XS2_0148.jpg

XS2_0219.jpg

XS2_0276.jpg

Well I had a really good day and I think I'm going to mod my car to handle better before I go more power so it handles better for when I do a few trackdays next year. so next on the mod list is H&R arb kit, Superpro adjustable ball joints, 18" team dynamic pro race 1.2s with trackday tyres and a LSD. Not sure what make of diff or which track tyres to go with yet.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Looking good fella

I was very suprised how well my LCR handled at Rockingham but i do have quite a few more toys that you ;)

I need to get some track wheels though

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Looks like great fun. Can't wait till I have a go.

The diff that usually pops up in any convo I've had is the Wavetrac. Supposed to be one of the best. R888 tyres are the usual suspects as well.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh Wavetrac,Peloquins and Quaife are the usual suspects.

I got the Quaife cheap so chucked it in and it seemed to work very well out there.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Quaife are usually the preferred choice. Can't say I've had any first hand experience myself though.

Quaife does get used on a lot of cars, I'll see if I can find out if there is any differences between the different makes before I buy one.

Looking good fella

I was very suprised how well my LCR handled at Rockingham but i do have quite a few more toys that you ;)

I need to get some track wheels though

Cheers Andrew, what handling mods have you done? And is the diff the best for the track?

Sweet pics dude

Cheers Crafoo

Looks like great fun. Can't wait till I have a go.

The diff that usually pops up in any convo I've had is the Wavetrac. Supposed to be one of the best. R888 tyres are the usual suspects as well.

It was fun, where you having a go big eck?

I seen a review in PVW mag for the wavetec a few month back and it seemed like a good bit of kit. R888's tyres do seem to be the tyres of choice, medium compound but there not cheap, I'll have to get saving for next year.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I'll be using knockhill racecourse for my first track outing as its only 30 mins for me. Just waiting on a dry day before I take it on lol.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I'll be using knockhill racecourse for my first track outing as its only 30 mins for me. Just waiting on a dry day before I take it on lol.

I wouldn't mind doing a trackday at Knockhill, it's about 2hrs for me, might give it a go in summer next year.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I wanted to do Knockhill but the only time i come up there is for BTCC and obviously the track is in use... 5.5 hours for me but its the easiest route ever M1>A50>M6>M74

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I wanted to do Knockhill but the only time i come up there is for BTCC and obviously the track is in use... 5.5 hours for me but its the easiest route ever M1>A50>M6>M74

5.5 hours is a long way to travel for a trackday, but you could make a week of it do a trackday at the start of the week then watch BTCC at the weekend.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Yeah looks loads better than the felt cover. I got it from Sere motors £25. I've read you can get it cheaper from VW and Audi dealers, I used Seres because it's easy and hassle free.

Hi, could you possibly post up the part number for the battery box and any associated fittings required.

Cheers,

Tasha.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Hi, could you possibly post up the part number for the battery box and any associated fittings required.

Cheers,

Tasha.

The battery box comes in 3 parts back half, front half and the lid. Part numbers for the battery box are;

Back half 1K0 915 336 B
Front half 1K0 915 335 C
Lid 1K0 915 443 A

You just remove the battery and felt cover then you just clip the back half in to the existing battery base, put the battery back in, front half then clips into the existing base and back half of the box, wire the battery up and put the lid on.

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Finally got some time, and took the engine cover off to get a few pics so people who are interested can see which bits I had to cut off to fit it over my Evoms induction kit.

Standard cover and modified cover
IMG_2696.jpg

Modified cover you can see that I've cut away the MAF housing and along the back of the cover
IMG_2695.jpg

View from the back side.
IMG_2697.jpg

I've had to cut away most of the air box on the bottom half of the cover and the part that connects to the air intake.
IMG_2698.jpg

You can see here I've had to cut one of the engine cover mounts off on the back to make it fit.
IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

Here is just a few close up pics of the cover fitted
IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

Hope this helps anybody who's interested.

Much appreciated as it's the shots. Of the back which help. How easy is it to remove the engine cover off the engine?

Rob

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Mk2 Leon Cupra R, Croft trackday pics

Much appreciated as it's the shots. Of the back which help. How easy is it to remove the engine cover off the engine?

Rob

No bother fella. engine cover comes off pretty easy, just remove the MAF, disconnect the intake side and the turbo side of the cover. Then just pull the cover straight up, you might need to pull up fairly hard to get the rubbers off the mounts.

Car is looking so nice mate

Cheers mate

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.