ABS/ECS fault

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Hello there

Today I was driving back from university to my house when an error message appeared on the MFD screen saying: "Fault: ABS / Electronic Stability Program" or something like that, and also their two lights came on in the dashboard. The car performed normally afterwards, or so I think, but I was scared it would break down and I have no idea why those faults came up.

By the time I arrived home I was already exhausted and I forgot to turn the engine off and turn it on again in order to see if they went away, but from what I've read online they'll most likely go away when I do that and then come back again after a while of driving.

Any ideas why that may have happened? The last maintenance/service I made at the dealership was only about 8000 KMs away and I'll be going for maintenance again in 2000 KMs.

Thank you.

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
eretu6ug.jpg

p.s the yellow light in the middle of the dashboard is because my left fog light is broken.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Due to an ABS sensor in your 1 of the wheels my bet. Use VAGCOM and it will tell you which corner. If its not that then most likely the ABS unit itself, hope not the latter though

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Ah okay! I had a feeling it could be a sensor since there was nothing wrong with the car in terms of braking, handling and such. I'm going to pay a garage with VCDS a visit in a couple of days and have them check it, but unfortunately I do not really have time for now because of college - I sure hope the car stays in tact till then! lol

And um.. if it turns out to be a sensor, can that be easily replaced or how do you go about it?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Should stay in tact as I was driving around with the fault for over a week I think, mine was caused by the snow in April

Sensor is a wheel and hub off job I think, doesnt take long though. Not an expensive fix

Last edited:

philfr

Nov 8, 2013
Had pretty much exactly the same problem on my Supercopa. Been told it needs a new ABS pump.. Recurrence of the pressure sensor business or just my bad luck?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.