FORMER 1.8t OWNER, NOW PD CLUTCH QUESTION!

jamie1

Sep 28, 2010
south east
Iv recently sold my beloved 1.8t to buy something more economical. I now have a mk4 golf 1.9tdi pd engine. Does anyone know which is the best clutch to use for a remapped tdi golf please? Thought I read somewhere about using a vr6 one? Just want to know what one to order which will take around 230lb please

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
there is several clutches that people say are ok
i must admit i fitted a helix organic and used a new sach dualmass flywheel
it wasnt cheap but its been ok for 30+k

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
As a rule of thumb most would recommend a sachs clutch. as your pd is remapped I would have thought it is making a fair bit more torque than 230ftlb. as mines a pd130 remapped with capped boost ( as I had a boost leak at the time dohhh!) and that has 170 hp and 301ftlb torque. The standard sachs clutch I think has a limit of 300-310 ftlb but don't take that as gospel. you can get uprated sachs SRE clutch kits but they are expensive. Mines been mapped for about 2 years now, done at 170,000 and now on 190,000 and can get the clutch to slip in 4th at times. I suppose ultimately it depends how deep your pockets are and whether your thinking of going further with engine mods. e.g hybrid etc. as that will push the boundaries of a standard clutch.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.