Looking for a non aggressive remap for my SEAT IBIZA FR TDI PD 130

Fr

Hi there. I bought my SEAT Ibiza FR TDI PD 130, recently. Its a 54 plate and done 92,600 on the clock. The engine is in good condition. Ive been looking into doing an ECU Remap to get more out of the engine in terms of BHP, Torque and fuel efficiency. But i do not want it to be so aggressive that it produces too much smoke and wear and tear on the engine, wishbone, clutch etc.

So looking for optimum performance whilst not being overly aggressive.

Im from the Bedfordshire area so not looking to go too far but would travel upto an hour for the right remap. I would really like your input on this especially from those who have already had remaps done on a similar model.

Ive been looking into remap companies like Evolve in Luton, APR , REVO (Of course), DNA, Shark performance, AMD in Essex. Look forward to your advice. Thank you.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Actually revo is quite aggressive to be honest so if ur after a none aggressive one I'd my self advise going jabba sport they do a lower torque map :)

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
I'd go for a revo map. Safe, time tested and no issues for me for the past 15000 miles. Got a sale on at the mo too ;)

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Am not dissing revo they are very well known and very good at mapping along with the likes of apr and darkside developments but he asked for a low aggression map there for revo don't come under that category they just do a normal map where jabba sport don't just do normal they also do low aggression maps which is what he asked for lmao ;p

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
Am not dissing revo they are very well known and very good at mapping along with the likes of apr and darkside developments but he asked for a low aggression map there for revo don't come under that category they just do a normal map where jabba sport don't just do normal they also do low aggression maps which is what he asked for lmao ;p

Well to the right of the brake pedal there's another pedal which you control how fast you go? It's not like stepping on a bomb, if you not on the turbo it's pretty pedestrian.

Crumpyz

Jul 5, 2012
Basingstoke
Haha. Heard good things about stage 1 maps from the guys at AMDessex, bit more power, better mpg, sounds good to me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
We just had ours mapped at R tek in Hinkley and it was brilliant. lovely smooth curve and the guy did a full health check on it first and made sure everything was perfect before mapping.

On a PD100 we got 139bhp and 240lb ft of torque. but the graph is sooo smooth the power is just a surge, unlike some of the other maps ive had where you get quite a kick. So in reality this one feels slower but when you look down you realise you might eb going a bit tooo fast.

Fr

So most people on here are recommending Revo tek then as a nice smooth remap?

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
So most people on here are recommending Revo tek then as a nice smooth remap?

i wouldnt tbh, they are a bit overpriced for what you get, i went r tek cause he will tune the map to the cars own quirks rather than just flash some generic stuff onto it. I would find a place like that over say a revo or apr map, Im not saying their maps are bad I would just prefer something a little more suited to the vehicle.

Fr

i wouldnt tbh, they are a bit overpriced for what you get, i went r tek cause he will tune the map to the cars own quirks rather than just flash some generic stuff onto it. I would find a place like that over say a revo or apr map, Im not saying their maps are bad I would just prefer something a little more suited to the vehicle.

Do you mean r tek in St Albans?

Fr

Oh ok. I know that AMD in Essex do custom remaps using a dyno as do Evolve in Luton

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 13, 2011
hull
Darkside developments I would say if u wanted to travel would be the best but that's only becasue there te best experts on the pd engines in Britain just look at there site and see what they have managed with the pd engines