Dual mass fly noise

Sep 10, 2011
cheshire
I recently had my FR 170 remapped and now the clutch has started to slip but also getting the judder through the car when I accelerate not all the time just the odd occasion but when giving it some the engine sound seems to be a lot louder than before I take it this could be the dmf vibrating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2011
cheshire
Not heard owt on tick over mate but do get the judder under accelaration and under full throttle like I said the engine note is louder

Sep 10, 2011
cheshire
Dunno then mate but I deffo get the judder associated with DMF problems, I know the pd engine is notoriously noisey anyway

Last edited:

george g

Aug 6, 2013
You say that its only when you are giving it some so are you sure its not wheel tramp from the increase in power? A well known issue with leons that happens when the wheel spins up it hops around all over the place scrabbling for grip instead of a steady spin.

Easy way to tell is if the ESP light flashes then kicks in whilst its doing it.

There is a Dog-bone mount/bush mod kit that can reduce this.

David101

Jun 20, 2012
I had this about 9 months ago and it went by itself but come back about a 3 weeks ago and hey presto it has gone again. Mine did this when ur just cruising at about 60 ish in 6th gear and put ur foot down. When it hit 70ish I had a rumble then it goes as u accelerate more. But also did it in 5th at a different speed. So if anyone can shine any light on that it would be a great help. Btw my car is a cr170 leon fr.

Cheers Dave

Also the car is not mapped and only has 34000 on it.

Last edited:

leonmk2cupra

Sep 24, 2013
i have a slight whistle when applying the clutch when cold and on the move. goes away once the engine is warmed up to 90 degrees. think its the clutch release bearing as no other symptoms.

Sep 10, 2011
cheshire
I have been offered a complete clutch kit inc dmf removed from a facelift fr170 only covered around 10k £150 as opposed to £500 for a new one! you reckon it's worth a shot?? Also will it fit mine as mine is a pre facelift 07

leonmk2cupra

Sep 24, 2013
off top of head couldnt say, so best to check part number up against yours or against vin.
as for used parts, some are hits some misses. stuff like body parts you can see what you are getting, even things like turbos or injectors can be tested quite easily, but with a dmf you just cant know how long it will last. depends how the previous owner has treated it. lots of medium to full throttle runs from low revs will kill a dmf faster than one run at higher revs for most of its life.
think you can get kits with strengthened clutches even for less than 400 quid, worth shopping about as you have to remember than you will be paying for labour twice if you fit a used kit which fails shortly or immediately after fitting. we had a guy who spent about 500 quid on a laguna dmf and clutch but decided to reuse his clutch cover plate rather than get a new one. after fitting it wouldnt even go into reverse and next day we had to take the box off and refit with new cover plate.

Sep 10, 2011
cheshire
It is due a clutch anyway it's just turned 76k and with the remap I do get clutch slip every now and again,
But when driving along if I accelerate I can feel the car jerk and the rev needle jumps up then it will pull through the gear, plus if I give it some beans the noise from the engine bay when inside the cabin is a lot louder than I remember it ever being before this past few months and having driven my mates with the same remap his doesn't sound as loud inside the cabin

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Redderz

Dmf

Hi Buddie, as i have read earlier in the thread the is not just anti skid control kicking in is it as if i boot mine in second it will almost everytim try and spin up and makes a banging noise trying to gain traction and the revs will come off a little and then fly back up.

Not much use just another view.

Thanks
Alex

toot

Jan 14, 2010
Kalmar, Sweden
Noticed today if I push the clutch pedal in there's a slight thumping sound but goes away when I release the pedal

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

That sounds more like the clutch release bearing to me, if it was the other way aroud I would say dmf.
Will get my car back tomorrow after changing the dmf for the second time... First time after ~300miles and now after ~5000miles.