Whats it worth faulty rns510

themonky

Jun 20, 2013
The sat nav is stuck on welcome to volkswagen all it needs is a firmware update. ??
That's what the seller says
any body know how much this would be also would I need the original code

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Wouldn't spend any money on that. Refuse to buy stolen goods and ask yourself why anybody would sell something for cheap if a softwareupdate and the owners code would easily double the value.

themonky

Jun 20, 2013
full add

this is the add

For sale i have a original volkswagen rns 510 sat nav unit. It is in prestine condition no marks scratches or dents. The sat nav is stuck on welcome to volkswagen all it needs is a firmware update. Selling due to dealer replacing it with a new one

too hot

Sep 29, 2013
Scotchland
Think if the dealer was replacing it they would want the old one on an exchange basis.
Got to ask yourself why do they not have the code for it either?????
Alarm bells are ringing with me !!! Buy it and it will burn your fingers !!!

leonmk2cupra

Sep 24, 2013
not saying something not fishy but, i had a problem with my old fabia where the dealer couldnt get the code for the rns510. problem was it had been recoded in the past and dealer was only able to obtain the original code which was no longer current. i had to go back to the guy that fitted the unit to get the code which i had to pay for. the skoda dealer even took his number for future reference.

themonky

Jun 20, 2013
mmm
was thinking why the dealer didn't want the old unit back too
Think I will pass on this

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.