Anyone tried replacing rear BAY15D bulbs to LED?

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
I bought a par off ebay, they didn't worked very well, as I constantly had yellow sign on my dash.
I figured out I might buy canbus version, now they don't even light up.

Anybody found a working solution?

225tt

I bought a par off ebay, they didn't worked very well, as I constantly had yellow sign on my dash.
I figured out I might buy canbus version, now they don't even light up.

Anybody found a working solution?

not certain but i have a feeling that there are two types of very similar part types. Pretty sure they are identical but reverse polarised and if you buy the wrong type it as you have experienced doesn't work.

Again im not 100% sure this is your issue but i have seen it mentioned in TT's, even that the roadster and coupe take different polarity of the same bulb shape and whatnot. People who got the wrong type didnt work! Worth some research maybe?

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
not certain but i have a feeling that there are two types of very similar part types. Pretty sure they are identical but reverse polarised and if you buy the wrong type it as you have experienced doesn't work.

Again im not 100% sure this is your issue but i have seen it mentioned in TT's, even that the roadster and coupe take different polarity of the same bulb shape and whatnot. People who got the wrong type didnt work! Worth some research maybe?

the Leon uses 'BAY15D' bulbs. That specifies everything, so I guess this isn't the problem.