New member from Scotland checking in.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Lo folks,

Jumping ship from VW to SEAT, or should that be side stepping.

I've been doing a fair bit of reading on the new Leon, some cracking threads, and seeing as I've decided to go for one I thought it was time to come out from behind the curtain and sign up :D

Just finalised the price and placed the order, ...let the wait begin :whistle:

Cheers
:beer:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Jock MacKay :D

Aye it'll be hot, my brothers nicking it.

Getting too old for the adrenalin rush, I'm more into mpg and slippers these days.

I'm running a Golf Mk6 1.4 [122ps] TSI at the mo and tbh I love the engine, its got no a bad turn of speed and returns a fair mpg so it was logical to grab something similar...if it aint broke.....and I couldn't afford anything dearer tbh, these benefit cuts are biting hard :rofl:

SEAT Leon 1.4 TSI [140] SE, 6Sp, 5Dr [*Technology Pack] in Special Solid White

Factory Fit Options
• Convenience pack – Auto Lights/Wipers/Rear View Mirror Dip
• Door Mirror fold with N/S Mirror Tilt on Reverse Select.
• Interior LED Lighting
• Magic Tree Air Freshener - Pine

Thanks for the welcome chaps :cheers:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Aye the gaps getting shorter between the diesel and petrol mpg figures, yet they still manage to keep emissions low and deliver more poke at the same time. I'm waiting on the government realigning the road tax bands to pull in all these cars that have been steadily creeping out of it :rolleyes: ...its only a matter of time, look what happened to the price of diesel when people jumped ship from petrol.

Funny that's only other SEAT I've had Willie is a Leon Stylance 2.0 TDi, cant recall the mpg it returned tbh.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members