52000 miles in and I just found....

ozz

Oct 21, 2012
Had the exeo for 15 months and, as the title suggests 52k on the clock, so I thought I'd give a bit of a mid-term report. Nothing has gone wrong whatsoever, even when I had a puncture it was a slow one and the tyres were down to 2mm anyway. I just get in in a morning, drive a long way, do my job and drive home again.
Front tyres changed at 32k, rears at 48k. The rears (Bridgestone) were getting noisy but the Dunlops that replaced them have sorted that out.
Mpg is averaging 50, recorded using fuel log android app, so costing 12-13p per mile.
Like the comfort, ride, cruise control (couldn't be without it and regularly do >100 miles between using pedals)
The clarity of the Bluetooth could be better (fine for me but callees have commented) and while the phonebook works fine on the steering wheel controls, the nav unit interface is rubbish to the point I've not even bothered with the voice control stuff.
This kind of motorway mileage brings its fair share of stonechips and there are a few 2-3mm chips on the bonnet and a couple on the A-pillar, but it's a lot better than
other cars I've had.
Back to the title. I've just found the little sun visor flap above the rear view mirror!
It just popped down when I was cleaning the screen inside ( for the first time)
All I need to find now is the button for the heated massage drivers chair!:p

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Chair?

Makes me laugh, my wife calls it a chair too. I tell her to keep all 4 legs on the floor and keep her elbows off the table *I mean dash* :)

CPS91

Jul 26, 2013
Ohhhhhhh yeah! Haha just went out to check after I read this. Thanks for the tip.

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
32k out of front tyres? Bloody hell, I thought I was doing well when I changed my fronts at 18.5k!

If mine was an auto, I'd be like a pig in sh1t :)

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
Eh? Sun visor flap in the rear view mirror? I'll have a look when I leave work. Didn't realise there was anything up there. Apart from the mirror of course

KittsKrikkit

Never seen that either. A lot of thought went into that almost useless piece of plastic!

PeeJay

Jan 22, 2014
They've had that little flap on VAGs for at least 15 years, my 2001 Passat has one.

My question to them (if only they'd listen) wasn't why the flap because in 0.000001% of sunny conditions it can block a bit of sun hitting your eyes - but once they got to the point where they'd blocked that bit of screen did they decide they also needed the ability to unblock it - it what universe do you need to see the tiny bit of screen above the mirror?