what have you done to your car today ?

JulesT

Nov 24, 2013
I got rid of the K&N panel filter and put in a proper paper one as the turbo's just been replaced.

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Adjusted my rear arb to the stiffest setting, fitted a TT front strut brace and washed and waxed the Leon.

20131208_155715_zps5db8e531.jpg

Alsmost forgot it was black with how much crap was on it!

Andy

MaximOD

Nov 6, 2013
London
Its more what my car did to me today. Took it to have a stage 1 re-map and Nicki plugged it in, told me my cam belt timing was out, lifted the car on the ramp, saw a cracked manifold, smoke tested it and had some leaking issues.
SO, its now with Rich at DynoDaze, having the manifold replaced, the cambelt adjusted(if possible) Oil service and doing the N149 bypass, EGR delete and N112(I hink that's right) delete.
Silver lining and all, I thought it was still quite a nice drive with all these bits wrong. How happy am I gonna be when its all up and running properly and remapped!

Picked my car up yesterday.....It looks so much tidier under the bonnet, the new piperX cone filter is fookin MASSIVE! THe car is so much more responsive then it was before and drives properly. Before the turbo would run out of puff at about 5000rpm's, but now it pulls strongly all the way through to the redline. Cannot wait to get it re-mapped now! Boom!

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
after fitting a cobra a few wks ago the blue smoke was showing up,carried on with it for abit so I thought Id check the play on the turbo,to do this I had to take off the turbo intake pipe as It was going to be taken off I thought id fit a new pipe.............the shaft has play in up and down backwards and forwards,bro use to work on turbos and said there shouldn't be that much play, so either holly Willoughby,carmen electra,kelly brook can dress up as Santa and deliver me a new ko3s on charismas day:);)

MaximOD

Nov 6, 2013
London
Picked my car up yesterday.....It looks so much tidier under the bonnet, the new piperX cone filter is fookin MASSIVE! THe car is so much more responsive then it was before and drives properly. Before the turbo would run out of puff at about 5000rpm's, but now it pulls strongly all the way through to the redline. Cannot wait to get it re-mapped now! Boom!

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say Rich took me out in his 600 brake Supra. I have never been in anything as brutal as that!

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Not all today but put on 20mm spacers all round to fill them arches up a bit more and dropped her on Fk Street coilovers after having them sit in my boot for about 3months! The rear is pretty flush but may have to drop the front a lil more! Opinions...
nyze5uje.jpg

I'd say leave it as it is, there's too much front rake otherwise and yours looks nice as it is now.

What wheels are those?

KamiLDN

Mar 28, 2013
London
I'd say leave it as it is, there's too much front rake otherwise and yours looks nice as it is now.

What wheels are those?

Thanks man, it's tempting to drop it just another qtr inch or so but I'll see how she settles first for now! And they're OZ Racing Superturismo Gt's (18"x8J)

KamiLDN

Mar 28, 2013
London
Cool mate, nice to see someone doing things a bit different! Needs some tyre gel though :p

Yupp, just trying to apply my own personal taste :)Seen too many looking the same in a crowd! And mate she needs a whole wash down, wax, the works, feel I've neglected her too long! Full detail session asap me thinks!

Roohul

Jun 22, 2010
Romford, Essex

MaximOD

Nov 6, 2013
London
supras.................[B)]if only I had the moneys, funny I was checking them out yesterday and fetching id say for a good one about £12/15k

Absolutely ridiculous. 618bhp at the wheels. Sideways round an industrial estate and then scared shitless on a straight road! It's never been on a track though.....because it's too loud!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members