What did you and your MK2 do today?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Local company in MK called LC Autoclean, Luke looks after my neighbours MK4 Golf aswell and is also a friend of AKS Tuning.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
[Q UOTE=Jarre;4324138]Trip said 61.4mpg for my 140 mile journey yesterday, cruise control set to about 77mph apart from when there was other speed restrictions. Happy with that :)

I tanked mine other day and been driving like a granny to work and back not gone above 3000rpm and I average usually 68mpg 20 mile journey each way. Currently done 300 miles and not down to half and currently shows 380 miles left on range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

How do you guys do it?!
I've honestly really tried my best. Even over >80 mile run. I can barely force it over 50.
I thought it was my alignment , but since that has been corrected, still only get a few mpg more.

I've given up and just boot it everywhere now when I drive the car. So does Helen.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I tanked mine other day and been driving like a granny to work and back not gone above 3000rpm and I average usually 68mpg 20 mile journey each way. Currently done 300 miles and not down to half and currently shows 380 miles left on range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you guys do it?!
I've honestly really tried my best. Even over >80 mile run. I can barely force it over 50.
I thought it was my alignment , but since that has been corrected, still only get a few mpg more.

I've given up and just boot it everywhere now when I drive the car. So does Helen.[/QUOTE]

I do the same bud. Achieve about 20mpg lol!

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
I aren't worried about mpg just wonder what this engine can actually achieve. There's one part of the motorway for 2 miles which is average 50 and down hill so u can knock it out of gear and not slow down or leave it in 6th and still shows 200mpg. I find 60-65 MPH is the best just under 2000rpm.

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
i'm averaging in the mid to high 40's just now. i don't go with the mpg display, tend to leave it on the predicted range. i just gauge roughly how long it takes to go down, i've found it seems to like going at about 75ish. my own hare brained theory is that the engine is more efficient when it's using the turbo, below that it seems to labour.

i'm probably wrong though.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I've tried when driving to Scotland on M-Way sticking it on cruise but it just averages out at 30-32mpg that's at 80mph.

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
I've tried when driving to Scotland on M-Way sticking it on cruise but it just averages out at 30-32mpg that's at 80mph.

daft question, but did you notice it being any better on the way back south?

i got better economy on the way to manchester than i did coming back up. although, the car had been sitting for a fortnight before i drove it back, was a tad rough.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
i'm averaging in the mid to high 40's just now. i don't go with the mpg display, tend to leave it on the predicted range. i just gauge roughly how long it takes to go down, i've found it seems to like going at about 75ish. my own hare brained theory is that the engine is more efficient when it's using the turbo, below that it seems to labour.

i'm probably wrong though.

The engine has a greater efficiency level in that it performs more work with less fuel when the turbo is on boost The only thing is the engine is turning at a higher speed which in turn means more fuel is usually being consumed. It's a balancing act. My practice is to keep the engine at a speed where the turbo is in it's boost region. But if your on a flat piece of road and your car is at about 2000 rpm in 4th, 5th or 6th at 50-60 mph. The manifold pressure that I have noticed is very low 3 psi and lower at times depending on road surface smoothness, wind shear and getting a trail from traffic. This is in a 1.9tdi ve engine.

Also if your going down hill and put the car in neutral then it will use fuel as apparently it shouldn't use any fuel if your going down hill and leave in gear and lift your foot completely off the throttle. In a diesel that is.

[M]ike

Oct 9, 2013
Under the sea
Got my Eibach sportline springs fitted together with soem winter tyres.

4d07429f-3983-4c1a-a9c8-682b9a1e8f95.jpg

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Just fitted my triple r splitter and I now no I'll be buying a jack and axle stands, but I'm still pretty proud of myself for fitting it with out jacking it up, not removing under tray and using the supplied bolts but what a pita!

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
Been to have a look at a Audi S3 Sportback at Belgrave. Really considering it but don't know if to keep my diesel. Or wait for the MK3 Cupra.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.