2012 Copa SE Leon...any tips?

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
So it's been a while since I last posted here...

As the title suggests I've just moved from my ruby red MK1 Cupra R Leon look a like to a 2012 Copa SE Leon.

Seems to be in great condition and comes with plenty of exciting extras.

So has anyone any tips for me with this model? Things to look out for or to get? Things that break easy etc etc?

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Really? Had heard good reports about the milage have a friend that has a similar model and has a lengthy journey each day and is getting round 700 miles to a full tank? Would be a step in the right direction from the 515 miles I was getting from the 1.9 TDi MK1

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Shouldn't be any worse than a 1.9 TDI, but risk of DPF and EGR problems if you don't do high mileage/ regular long runs. Copa SE is an awesome spec, toys galore!

Deleted member 74601

I have a 1.6TDI CR, and I'm averaging 62-63mpg over 18 months & 50,000 miles of driving.

I don't dawdle, and drive at 70mph on the motorway.

I reckon if you were driving for MPG, and doing 60mph on the motorway, you'd see more like 66-67mpg in the long run.

My tip for this engine - Don't drive it under 1500rpm where possible, it hates it, and it will damage your fuel economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
Thanks for the tips guys. Bought it mostly for the extra comfort compared to the standard MK1 so went for SE cos I'm in the car for near 3 hours a day to travel to the school I teach in.

52 miles on main 60mph roads takes around 70-80 mins of a journey.

Really pleased with the spec and all the extra toys!

What rpm would you say not to go over to stretch the fuel? Will have to get adjusted for this stop/start as well.

Deleted member 74601

Thanks for the tips guys. Bought it mostly for the extra comfort compared to the standard MK1 so went for SE cos I'm in the car for near 3 hours a day to travel to the school I teach in.

52 miles on main 60mph roads takes around 70-80 mins of a journey.

Really pleased with the spec and all the extra toys!

What rpm would you say not to go over to stretch the fuel? Will have to get adjusted for this stop/start as well.

I usually stick between 1,500RPM at the lowest and 2,500RPM at the highest.

Stop/start I only use if I'm going to be stopped for more than 7/8 seconds.

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
First work run done today very nice driving car. Will be interesting to see how the fuel consumption goes. Slight rattle round 55mph+ but think the wheel alignment needs redone.

Love the Bluetooth link up as I spend alot of the homeward journey on the phone.

Two errors coming up though on dash:
1. Stop/Start Error
2. Deadlock Error check manual

Anyone any experience with these errors?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
First work run done today very nice driving car. Will be interesting to see how the fuel consumption goes. Slight rattle round 55mph+ but think the wheel alignment needs redone.

Love the Bluetooth link up as I spend alot of the homeward journey on the phone.

Two errors coming up though on dash:
1. Stop/Start Error
2. Deadlock Error check manual

Anyone any experience with these errors?

Are you sure the second one says "error" ? It usually puts a warning up because of the deadlocks so you don't lock anyone in the car , or something like that.

Deleted member 74601

Are you sure the second one says "error" ? It usually puts a warning up because of the deadlocks so you don't lock anyone in the car , or something like that.

The deadlock thing is just an error.

I've only ever had the Start/Stop error once, and my car refused to start. If your car is still working, it's probably not the same problem.

It didn't need any repairs though, just 10 minutes, and it started just fine. The error code was something like Start/Stop time limit exceeded or something daft.

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
xreyuk
Different error me thinks as the car runs fine it's just if I go through the sequence to activate the stop/start it flashes up the error message...has done it every time this week but then today it worked twice in a row!...but back to its old tricks flashing up the error!

kazand
Your right doesn't say error just flashes up "deadlocks check manual" so do you think it's more of a reminder than an error?

ddc

Dead lock message is just that, a reminder to check the manual for the info on the dead locks.. Seems a bit silly but my eco has done it from new..

Start / stop can have a bit of mind of its own.. I've never seen a "error" but mine will sometimes stop when you would not expect it to (2 mins after starting on a cold morning when at a junction) or will not stop when you would expect it to... Did figure out if you have the windscreen demist button on the S/S won't cut in!

As for MPG, disappointed is a good expression.. Had mine from new, 90 mile round trip to work A roads and motorway got 48k on the clock and overall MPG has been 55 :-( OK I don't hang around, but this is the first car I've not come close to getting the combined figure with in 18 years of driving the same route..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members