Omp wheel boss query

Cupra Tommy

Dec 29, 2010
Ticehurst, East Sussex
So ive just received my omp wheel and boss kit..
Had a quick look at the boss and there doesn't seem to be a hole anywhere too put the airbag connector through so I can chuck the resistor in to stop the airbag light comming on!!
What im asking is anybody who has fitted a wheel boss too there mk3 did your boss kit have a hole in the bottom to pull the connector through??
Dont wanna pull the old wheel off to find ive got the wrong boss
Cheers tommy

Aug 12, 2012
aylesbury
I have omp boss and wheel iirc resistors don't work you need to get the airbag light switched off with vag com as for the hole I can't remember I don't think it did

Aug 12, 2012
aylesbury
If i can remember i snapped it by accident wen i removed the wheel lol but my mate had vag com so i switch airbag light off and had no problems yet only thing i need todo is wire up my horn as i havent had one for 4 months which is really annoying

Cupra Tommy

Dec 29, 2010
Ticehurst, East Sussex
All sorted, cheers for the advice wezza!!
Just for anyone thats interested, the resistor does work, but you need all the wire thats inside the steering wheel for the airbag for it too work!! If you just plug the resistor into the connector under the steering the airbag light pops up no matter what, but if you plug the extra couple of metres of ribbon wire back in and bundle it under the steering wheel with resistor attached no airbag lights on atall :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members