MK4 1.9 TDI Exhausts

GAZZA-LCT

Hi all,

I've owned my 1.9 TDI 160 Cupra for a few months now. Just thinking about getting a cat back exhaust for it to give it a bit of noise! Wondering what people have fitted and what is recommended? I've seen loads of the Miltek non res ones for sale on ebay.

If anyones got and videos/sound clips that would be great :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Not too much knowledge on exhausts to be fair, but my pd160 sounds quite cool with the standard exhaust decat.
Sounds like it breathes on idle, then howls on boost and sounds cool when the turbo is spooling down.

Although, it can't really be heard from inside the cabin.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
My self I'd go custom miltek are well made and good built but well over priced.

If your just after noise you won't ever reall gain much it will purr but that's about it with it be a dirty diesel

R7 Adam.

Oct 29, 2008
Hull
My experience !

Hi all,

I've owned my 1.9 TDI 160 Cupra for a few months now. Just thinking about getting a cat back exhaust for it to give it a bit of noise! Wondering what people have fitted and what is recommended? I've seen loads of the Miltek non res ones for sale on ebay.

If anyones got and videos/sound clips that would be great :D

I have had a few different combinations on Mk 4 TDI Cupra, I'll try to keep my explanation simple.
First I removed the cat from the standard system, which seemed to speed up spool and power slightly. Noise was fine.
Next removed back box, basically straight through standard system, a little more power and spool but sounded (in my opinion ) like a tractor.
Tuning work followed with a hybrid and remap, the car then produced 220bhp, and pulled like a steam train from 2k.
I then investigated aftermarket systems, but I feel the thickness of material on some systems is very thin for the price. I decided for a full custom system from Darkside, at 2.5inch straight through with single back box. Also the tail pipe is slash cut facing the floor so any smoke just hits the deck ! Sounds amazing with a deep growl and even quicker spool, worth every penny and a similar cost to an off the shelf system. I'm going to Dyno the car after Xmas so I'll be able to record the improvement. Another custom builder who a friend just had a full 3inch system built is Tony Banks in Leeds, real quality product.
Hope that helps!

Aug 14, 2013
Stoke on Trent
With all my cars once the mild steel oem part rots I go ss....but I've always had petrol cars and always gone for custom work at powerflow...however when this one goes I've been suggested Miltech too and they are certainly readily available, but compared to custom jobs from powerflow they do seem quite pricey :-/ be interested to see what you go for or what others suggest ... D7s reply is interesting... :)

spud31

Rail Zip User
Jul 14, 2011
Full milltek on my car now 5 years old as good as new, there decat downpipe too had to have new flexi fitted but that failed due to the poo soft oe dogbone mount.
Sounds wicked on boost real growl

daytona246

May 28, 2012
I have a miltek decat and its brilliant sounds oem with everyday driving and when giving some beans car sounds completely different (nice exhaust note)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.