What did you and your MK2 do today?

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
Just got the car booked in at my local indie for a service, cam belt + water pump, brake fluid change and a new clutch master cylinder.

Not gonna be a cheap Christmas :(

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
not today but over the weekend my car broke down. :( :cry:

EML light flashing constantly im sat in a 3g dead zone so cant get online to check. im texting every man and his dog even TFSI Mike.

car would start but no throttle what soo ever was mega stumped. waiting 20 mins then had a brain wave ill reset APR to Default stock mode. BINGO im rolling again.

get home park it up put it back to Stage 2+ get the phone out and start speaking to APR guess what.. im a tool managed to set the Anti Theft program and it was working as expect...

so recap APR Mapping.... flashing EML..... no throttle = Anti Theft re-enter code and off you go.

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
not today but over the weekend my car broke down. :( :cry:

EML light flashing constantly im sat in a 3g dead zone so cant get online to check. im texting every man and his dog even TFSI Mike.

car would start but no throttle what soo ever was mega stumped. waiting 20 mins then had a brain wave ill reset APR to Default stock mode. BINGO im rolling again.

get home park it up put it back to Stage 2+ get the phone out and start speaking to APR guess what.. im a tool managed to set the Anti Theft program and it was working as expect...

so recap APR Mapping.... flashing EML..... no throttle = Anti Theft re-enter code and off you go.

lol ive done this a couple of times,reversed out and wondered why i wasnt going anywhere:confused:

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Ecms?

the switching bit... sorry googled

mine isnt apparently it doesnt auto lock you have to tell it to lock it. it feels a little clumbsy to me. i might go back and get teh switching removed i put it in stock for 5 mins and then drove it. i hated it so had to put it back to stage 2+ again. why would you ever change it?

Last edited:

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Well K1 was fully serviced, treated her to new iridium plugs and she sailed through her MOT with no advisories. Taxed too.

Now to try out these T1-R's...

Very interested to hear how the t1-r do for you. I had the t1-s on a mk1 leon se , 225/45/17 with standard suspension and found the wet grip to be almost as high as the very good dry grip level. I have the t1-r on the cordoba 195/50/15 and find that they don't grip very well in the wet.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Very interested to hear how the t1-r do for you. I had the t1-s on a mk1 leon se , 225/45/17 with standard suspension and found the wet grip to be almost as high as the very good dry grip level. I have the t1-r on the cordoba 195/50/15 and find that they don't grip very well in the wet.

Indeed.
Had t1-Rs on my old 2002 MR2 Roadster and they gripped and communicated very well in the dry, but not so much in the wet at all. Switched to Yokohama AD08 on the new 2005 MR2 and the grip is much much better.

Maybe I'll try some Yokos on the Leon next time around instead of my beloved F1 Eagles

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Indeed.
Had t1-Rs on my old 2002 MR2 Roadster and they gripped and communicated very well in the dry, but not so much in the wet at all. Switched to Yokohama AD08 on the new 2005 MR2 and the grip is much much better.

Maybe I'll try some Yokos on the Leon next time around instead of my beloved F1 Eagles

I've got the f1s on my 01 audi a6 1.8t and found them to be a vast improvement over the vedreitens (rubbish spelling, sorry) that they replaced.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I've got the f1s on my 01 audi a6 1.8t and found them to be a vast improvement over the vedreitens (rubbish spelling, sorry) that they replaced.

They stopped almost all wheel spin off the line for me. However, that was in the summer. Now that it's cold, the tyres definitely don't grip as much (duuuhh). So no more lovely launches. Need to ease it off the line

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise