thePHILosipher's Pension Grabber T5

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
already have a few more bits and bobs on the way! 1/2 throught the LED conversion on the inside and these arrived:

touchwood that the last of the LED bulbs will arrive

Springs are fitted:

looks much smarter and the car is more controlable in the corners now, ride is hard but not uncomfortable, certainly on a par if not still better than the ride i finished on with the SEAT and its uprated AP shocks and springs which I was very happy with.

updated the SAT Nav from the original firmware from 2007/2008 to 2012, £30 off eBay, bargain frankly!!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
R Design Sports Pedals

Rear Window blinds for added privacy and look:

Considering these cost me a whole £30 and our a genuine product I'm pretty happy with them, darken the rear out nicely, block the view into the boot and give a nice subtle look, having said that, it has made me want to tint the windows now and remove them.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
finished the interior LED conversion on all the main bulbs, right royal pain in the arse as the bulbs are sealed units from volvo so required a bit of DIY.

in the dark it lights up like a christmas tree

just the footwell bulbs to go now then i can start on the exterior ones (puddle lights in door mirrors and the number plate bulbs)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Footwell Lights now done, last bulb to do is in the glove box which I completely forgot about!

Once that glove box light is in makes a total of 13 bulbs changed on the interior of the car!!

Next up the exterior bulbs, could be fun as the number plate bulbs covers and stuck in due to a broken screw

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
other little updates:

Upgraded the steering wheel to the sports r-design wheel with controls:

Genuine Boot floor liner AND side net pocket:

Cars booked in at Shark for 22nd January for a remap and service, should be good for around 260bhp and 310ft/lb torque

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
yeah it does, but it's mainly the ford boys that actually do it. There is very subtle differences between the engines in the st and c30/v50/s40 but they are ni on the same

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Only 260bhp?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

yep, alot of other components will need changing with an exhaust and new FMIC it will top 285bhp, the drive is amazingly different however ona stage 1, the stock volvo map has flat spots around 75-100mph in 3rd gear the mapped cars are completely different animals

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Only 260bhp?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm, considering it's 500cc larger than the (stock) Leon Cupra 265 engine........

Doing some googling, I didn't realise they did a 5 cylinder 2.4 180 diesel one. I would have been interested in one if I knew that. I was told by a Volvo dealer that the most powerful C30 diesel was a 140.....:no: So I jogged on to a Seat dealer.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Hmmmmm, considering it's 500cc larger than the (stock) Leon Cupra 265 engine........

Doing some googling, I didn't realise they did a 5 cylinder 2.4 180 diesel one. I would have been interested in one if I knew that. I was told by a Volvo dealer that the most powerful C30 diesel was a 140.....:no: So I jogged on to a Seat dealer.

yeah its the d5 unit, available up until around 2010, they then replaced it with the 4cy 2.0d with the same output but alot more economical, on the motorway in our d5 we clock 55mpg from it cruising at 75 the whole way and thats in the s60, imo one of the best diesel engines ever made

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Few More Updates:

do88 FMIC purchased:

Brodit Car Kit (just missing the bracket) Bluetooth streamer from HTC for music, and VIDA disc:

Bought Some New 17" Alloys. Came off a 2000 reg C70 coupe, so will need spigot rings

After 2hrs with Meguiars Hot rims cleaner (aggressive on the engrained dirt and still my favorite wheel cleaner), a brush and a pressure washer:

Dead chuffed with them.

Attempted to fit the intercooler:
Well was beaten by the lack of tools:

Figured out the bumper removal easy enough, certainly well bloody built thats for sure!

The t20's

So cleaned the car:

and lined the new wheels up to see how they could look:

Wheels getting dropped off at the bodyshop tomorrow, will be fitted on thursday once the rings have arrived

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members