LED Fog lights/ fog light tinting

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
Has anyone fitted LED fog lights? Just where to get the bulbs from and if I need canbus ones? And how do you get the fog lamp as a whole unit out so I can do the tinting as well

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
For LEDs yes you will need canbus, as for getting access you could remove the bumper or try going in from the front wheel arch. As for tinting can't really comment as with my FR I can remove the fogs grill surrounds and remove the unit that way

yozza1987

Leon Mk3 Fr
Sep 3, 2013
Worcester
the fog light surround is clipped in

If i remember correctly 3 clips on the bottom, 3 on the top and 2 up the sides, they were really tight

once you remove the fog surround the fog light is just clipped in

edit

here is a pic of the clip locations

Last edited:

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
I think I'll go get it on the ramp and see if I can get it underneath and if not then the wheel arch

Last edited:

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
When buying led fog lights can you buy the builds with resistors in them or do you have to buy them with the added extra cable with the resistor on? Is there any point putting LEDs in when I'm going to tint the lights? How did you guys tint them I've seen some people say it's a pain because the glass is on a funny angle? Any tips?

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
I might look at them I don't want them to be white when they are tinted if you get what I mean

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.