Ibiza MK4 DAB 1.4 SE Replacement code for radio

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Hi all its been a while, big changes in the house means that we had to buy a second cheapo runaround as well as keeping the Supercopa and Ibiza FR. Picked up the above car back in July, unfortunately Mrs B had a run in with a brick wall and it is going to the body shop next Monday to repair the damage.

Problem, we picked up the car, private sale for just under 3K on an )7 plate one owner from new. Unfortunately the owner has lost the key code for the radio

Been on to SEAT UK they advised take it to local dealer, wife did it and they said no can do as its an after market radio. I was not around to explain to dealer that the SE was a limited edition and came with a Blaupunkt Radio.

Any ideas on best way to obtain code rather than the faff of dealing with SEAT UK again/

Mark D

Apr 5, 2013
Leicester
If your lucky there is a sticker with it on the top of the radio (when removed from dash) or some kind person has scratched it into the top. If not get the serial number off a sticker that should be on it and I'm sure someone on the internet will give you a free code. Done it with a lot of fords and some VWs

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Mark thanks for this, I am now going to brave the elements and work out how to get the radio out of the car. Have not had to do that for a fair few years. Since my Fiesta XR2i in 1997!

Mark D

Apr 5, 2013
Leicester
Need release keys which are a few pound on ebay so you don't damage it. Slots under the bottom row of buttons pop them in there pull in or out (can't remember which way) and pull towards you. Should hopefully slide like butter.

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Found my old release keys, as it goes the code was on a sticker on top. However.... result of all results, rummaging through paperwork that came with car and hurrah there it was the key memory card that goes in the main body of the radio. So got brave disconnected the battery with the card in, re connected and YES! it worked:thumbup:
Thanks for all the help mate.

All the best

B

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.