Black Mk2 seat leon cupra,Rtech Tuned TTE420, 443bhp???

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Haha, thats what happens when you have a stock of parts in your house and a little free time. I had some parts before i even bought the car :lol:

Can't fault you mate, the devil makes work for idle hands n all that.

Got some Eibachs in the garage ready to go on mine, just debating on when to do it.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Happy new year all :)

So yesterday I had to test fit my new head unit.
Very easy to fit, although getting the oem head unit out is a pita.
This stereo is plug and play apart from needing to ad a 12v feed to the signal booster. Easy enough to do.
Setup was very easy, Bluetooth and Internet were working within minutes. Steering wheel controls worked without even needing to set them up.
I tested the head unit using my 2 phones, iPhone 5 with lightning adaptor and my sony experia z1. Both phones worked perfectly.
The satnav is up and running and very impressed with the iGO maps. Very pretty with the 3d landmarks on show and plenty of options and settings to mess with.
So far I have to give the head unit 10/10, by far the most advanced head unit I have used and it works silky smooth without a glitch. Glad I went for the powerful model.

I didn't really take any photos as I need to get a oem surround, was just testing it out really.

Here's what I have so far, I blurred out the names and numbers from the phone book for privacy reasons.

A7E712E2-7F73-4E89-9C3A-1463073F006B-1932-000002E469C2C246_zps237d9b21.jpg

On eBay, buying on the go ;)

8B480CA3-0B6B-4B07-8A0A-8D757AE6321C-1932-000002E47286C536_zps48f208f2.jpg

There are tons of other functions on the head unit I haven't even tried yet, will try them all out over the coming weeks.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
It is the bollocks. Seat badge on start up, has about 50 logos to choose from. I bought mine with a wifi dongle and used hotspot on my phone. You can buy a 3G dongle if you wish. Both dongles are extras.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Matches perfect, are you quadlock on the stereo i guess you are being a later car, and this wiring connect to the quadlock, although, i'm quite happy if new wires are needed i know my way around ;)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Matches perfect, are you quadlock on the stereo i guess you are being a later car, and this wiring connect to the quadlock, although, i'm quite happy if new wires are needed i know my way around ;)

Yes quadlock, was a straight fit, no adaptors or harnesses needed.

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Looking good.

Thanks mate

Looking good.

Thanks mate

[M]ike;4333952 said:
That looks really well put together mate. I'm jelly :)

Thanks mike, it was far from easy to get to this, lots of time and actually mounting the valance to the diffuser was tricky. Due to making my own fittings i can safely say its very strong, and have peace of mind.
Still going to cut it back and polish next weekend although its not needed. Going over the top now but hey :)

Just ordered some legal pressed plates and surrounds, should finish it off nicely.

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yes sir, well done Sam that looks excellent mate, really impressed seeing how much work you put into it, It's paid off for sure.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.