MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
It's what I expected tbh
Seems seat have concentrated on the performance and standard equipment rather than laity looks.
Very similar to the golf R
I don't like the 265 280 variants seems silly to me.

Mpg sounds impressive but would be weary buying this new technology , maybe a good but say in 18 months once the gremlins have been sorted out.

And thank fook no aero kit !

I'm sure it will be a winner on the road ,
The interior looks a nice step up from the mk 2 but that instrument binnacle looks like it's been taken from a mk 4 Ibiza , looks tiny !
Nice to see all the tacky plastics from the mk2 have not been carried over :)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I like it, can see myself getting the Cupra 280 DSG for sure. Love the new site too BUT on my crappy monitor at work all the images are stretched because of the news feed on the right :(

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
lets hope the Cupra R is a bit more special because the cupra just looks like any other leon

Totally agree with you. It would be great to see a table that compare the 180PS version with the Cupras.

A strange thing is that the torque is only 8Nm more than the 180PS and 140PS versions. I guess that is because of the official DGS7 torque limit...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Anything on the colour palette?

I think the cooking models look "too good" rather than the Cupra looking too boring - certainly if you compare a poverty Leon with a poverty focus that shines out

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Anything on the colour palette?

I think the cooking models look "too good" rather than the Cupra looking too boring - certainly if you compare a poverty Leon with a poverty focus that shines out

Off to dealer's this afternoon. Hopefully they will have full details by then as they are at a dealer's meeting this morning about the car.

Scott

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
the torque has got me wondering, why does it have the same my GTI and not the new R? These Curpa do have k04 turbo's yeah not my mincy IHI?

Other than that, looks ok probably looks better in real life, not sure about the alloys but im sure there will be other options.

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Pretty much what I was expecting, from the spy shots you could see that the body wasn't far off being a slightly more aggressive looking FR with no fog lights. The MPG and CO2 emissions are really impressive for a car with that amount of grunt behind it. Great price for a very good performer.

Being honest I'd have liked to have seen that white strip below the rear number plate and above the diffuser blacked out, apart from that the looks are nothing too over the top but the Mk3 Leon was already a good looking car, some have said it's a bit 'Golfy'… no bad thing really if this translates into sales.

PS the new site looks great - congrats!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
JC can you PM me details of your browser and screen resolution please.

ta

Scott

I am not the most computer literate guy out there Scott :D. Not too worried tbh as it is only my crappy computer at work so i am sure I will check it on the other computer tonight and it will be fine.

herbie147

Dec 24, 2013
Aberdeenshire
I must say I'm a little bit disappointed. I would have to see it in the metal I think :think:
I hope there is a choice of alloy wheels because they do absolutely nothing for the car!! :cry:

I think I will save my money and see what the R version is like.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.