stage 2 down on power

s3matty

Hello guys finally bought a cupra r after coming from mk5 golf gti

Spec is as follows;
225 bam engine
Front mount intercooler ( possibly welly cooler but not sure at the moment - how do I tell?)
Samco boost hoses
Samco TIP with smallish pipercross foam filter
Forge awesome diverter valve
Scorpion? 3" turbo back with decat
AMD stage 2 software (printout for 274bhp + 302lbft)

Coming from a stage 1 mk5 gti (234bhp) this cupra didn't feel 270bhp quick. I've just had it on the rollers and its making 241bhp @ fly and 251 lbft. This is boosting strong to a tad over 1.5 bar

Any suggestions why its down on power?

TIP is not collapsing as I watched it whilst running

Its like the timing is being pulledfornsome reason

V-power as always

Cheers guys I like the cupra very driver focused although a little crashy round my way

s3matty

Running wise it's fine. Not lumpy or anything - no miss fire

I can hear a manifold blow on cold mornings but when the car heats up it disappears - surely not enough for a 20/30bhp decrease

In regards to optimistic rollers... From what I gather a stage 2 LCR should be pushing 270bhp on the majority of rollers ? Some produce even more then that.

251 @ 1.5 bar just seems very low for the boost

Will check plugs and gaps tommorow

Could it be the pesky N75 valve?

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
No but it would eliminate and poss boost leaks, I'd look into getting a smoke test or going through all the pcv system with a fine tooth Combe, especially the pipes under te inlet manifold, or look at the requested boost to actual boost logs on vagcom mine had a boost leak and it was spraying oily cap out under inlet, it was a different car after I had that sorted

Last edited:

s3matty

If it's showing a solid 1.5bar on the boost gauge surely it has no boost leaks?

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
Not sure on that one may depend where its tee'd in, I'd get it on vag com and do some logging with maf boost timing either that or send it to badger 5 or r tech and get them to look at it? Could be dodgy maff?