MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yes they probably will be. Another thing to consider would be finance deals if you aren't buying outright, obviously they change all the time but my dad got his M135i at 4.9% APR. At the same time I was changing my car too and SEAT were doing 7.9% APR on the mk3.

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
A couple of grand more and you can have an A45 AMG or M135i which are a class above the leon in terms of quality.

Spec up an A45 and you're headed north of 44K, trust me I was looking at one but they are stupendously expensive once you add some extras on to make it differ from a normal A Class. Perhaps an A250 4MATIC may be a better comparison but agree, the M135i is viable opposed to the Leon.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Spec up an A45 and you're headed north of 44K, trust me I was looking at one but they are stupendously expensive once you add some extras on to make it differ from a normal A Class. Perhaps an A250 4MATIC may be a better comparison but agree, the M135i is viable opposed to the Leon.

You serious? £44k for an A class? I don't think you can physically spec up the M135i to more than £38k. Even then 10% off list price is a given (my dad got 11% I believe) and then the cheap finance on them too makes them a good value car. It seems to do the best of both of good performance and handling when you want it, but on a motorway journey its a relaxed, comfortable cruiser.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Crazy deals available on M135 ATM.

You aren't wrong there sir - especially that deal you told me about.

The M135i is over 300bhp of tunable six cylinder turbo, rear drive, solid build quality, a cracking car to drive and good residuals - the snag being that its not a car you'd turn round to look at again when you lock it and walk away.

PPS

I live in Denmark and the price deferent for a mk7 gti and the cupra 280 is 18.400GBP :wtf:
And the golf R is not going to sell here :(
The audi s3 start at 76230,00GBP

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I looked seriously at the M135i a couple of months ago but the spec really isn't that good, needs loads of extras to bring it up to standard then it's no longer that good value for money. Also very thirsty on fuel compared to this, Golf R and the S3

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I looked seriously at the M135i a couple of months ago but the spec really isn't that good, needs loads of extras to bring it up to standard then it's no longer that good value for money. Also very thirsty on fuel compared to this, Golf R and the S3

I don't know what the Golf R or S3 get real world but when I was driving the M135i I was getting 31mpg real world.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
You must have been in Eco mode as I've driven 4 or 5 of them and never got above 20mpg. :shrug:

Nope, it's an auto and I always drive it in sport and manual mode. Never in Eco. Tried it for 5 mins and frankly it was dangerous because there's just no throttle response at all!

Mar 13, 2011

The M135i is over 300bhp of tunable six cylinder turbo, rear drive, solid build quality, a cracking car to drive and good residuals - the snag being that its not a car you'd turn round to look at again when you lock it and walk away.

I'm not sure about good residuals. Folk who bought an M135i last year aren't going to be happy with the current discounts available I reckon. Bound to have a knock on effect on resale.

We are in the market for changing our Cupra as it is three years old in March. I was seriously considering a M135i, but I just can't get past the looks. Cracking deals available though, and no arguing that it is a proper drivers car too. But, if I'm paying that much on a hatchback I would like it to look the part. I like the stealth approach of the new Cupra, but Seat are taking the piss if they think I am paying close to 30K for one. I'm leaning towards an S3, but on the downside there is the long lead times for factory orders (unless I can source dealer stock or a cancelled order). Quite fancy the Golf R as an alternative, but the price is too close to the S3.

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site

The main reason I ordered the A45 over the M135i when replacing my 135i. Cracking car, but it's just like having a child born with it's face on upside down. You still love it, but you just can't get to grips with it's looks.. :(

As for deals though, wow! My mate has just ordered a Mineral Grey 3 door, with auto box and a couple of other small options on a 2 year lease deal for £285 a month with £1700 deposit.. :-o

You won't get that at your local Merc dealer I can tell you that. :(

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.