LCR 1m 225 exhaust system, which is best?

Teepope

Does anyone know what's best to use? Milltek, cobra, or mongoose.
Also does anyone have a second hand full turbo back system for sale ? I have the 225 LCR.
Thanks guys :)

AshFR

Seat Leon TDi PD150 2005
Mar 10, 2011
Shropshire
photobucket.com
Ive got a turbo back miltek de-catted non resonated exhaust on my PD150. Its very nice and not stupidly loud but ive never had a cobra or mongoose so cant say anything about them. Also mines a diesel so slightly different.

rasco

May 17, 2011
I would just say, if you're buying 2nd hand, be aware that the guarantee may not be transferable. I had a Cobra system fitted on mine, but because I wasn't the one who originally purchased it, it wasn't covered by their "lifetime guarantee" when the tailpipe split off from the backbox. And because they don't sell replacement backboxes on their own, it was either a case of buying another cat-back system, or getting a custom backbox made up. Both of which were pretty pricey options!

Teepope

I would just say, if you're buying 2nd hand, be aware that the guarantee may not be transferable. I had a Cobra system fitted on mine, but because I wasn't the one who originally purchased it, it wasn't covered by their "lifetime guarantee" when the tailpipe split off from the backbox. And because they don't sell replacement backboxes on their own, it was either a case of buying another cat-back system, or getting a custom backbox made up. Both of which were pretty pricey options!

Ok mate cheers for the advice, always good to know, was the cobra system good? I think I'll go for resonated. What was yours like ?

Teepope

Thanks guys :) milltek sounds good, where do they sell blue flame?

BryanWalker

Jan 13, 2014
Blueflame don't exist anymore so I would not bother buying any of there systems.

Milltek would be my choice of system!

Lew

Boost!
Nov 20, 2013
Yeah, I've got a blueflame full system de-cat.. Would never change it!

BryanWalker

Jan 13, 2014
They do, you just need to buy off their distributors rather than direct. They are trade only now.

I tried to call them the other week over an exhaust and there was no answer on the phone number. I also spoke to a friend who said the machines vanished out of the factory over a few weekends and they have closed down.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I tried to call them the other week over an exhaust and there was no answer on the phone number. I also spoke to a friend who said the machines vanished out of the factory over a few weekends and they have closed down.

Fair enough, can't argue with that... what a shame, a good product.

Paul80

Jan 17, 2014
I've got a Lcr 225 with a Miltek cat back exhaust, it sounds really nice. It's got a nice deep rumble when idling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.