electric issues got worse developement from indicator problems

Mobo

Jan 20, 2010
West midlands
Following on from my recent thread, me thinking it was my indicator stalk playing up, now when I start my car my dash lights will be really bright untill I touch the brightness setting on the side it will then flash between brightness settings and flicker for a few seconds afterwards,
Now my hazards seem to be playing up aswell will all these be related and what needs to be done to repair
Thanks

wildrides

Dec 27, 2013
Check the main wireing loom seal plate seal in the wiper motor plenum chamber and also bonnet release cable grommet at same location( Drivers end of chamber ) . Water can back up in the plenum due to leaves and run through the loom seal if deteriorated, then down the wiring loom and into the relay board componants and fuse board located behind lower dash panel next to drivers right knee ............ can cause loads of variable electrics problems on and off depending on how much rain has been recently.

Mobo

Jan 20, 2010
West midlands
I sealed up the wiring loom and grommets last year and i don't feel any water on the floor, but recently i changed the pollen filter and realised the plastic bit had a gap between the windscreen so i hadn't put it on properly, would it be possible for water to get through their
thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members