Cupra R owners please help

Flyin Scots

Jan 5, 2007
FAR 2 FAR NORTH
Hi i'm having a little problem with a project car i'm building, using an ibiza cupra R engine and wiring loom.
I'd like to run as many of the Cupra R features as possible, this includes the alarm system.
I'm fairly confident i have almost everything connected with the exception of the motion sensors.
I know the part number (6K0 951 171 C) and the description says it is mounted in or around the courtesy light.

I wonder if anyone could give me any idea of what the unit looks like?

I've browsed ebay and found numerous units that have similar part numbers but no direct match's.

Cheers Andy

JacketJ

Jul 13, 2008
Hampshire
Looks like the picture below, it sits on the side of the headlining near the B pillar. Every R I've seen also has an aftermarket alarm fitted from new by the dealers, not sure why they needed two:

CdNC793.jpg

JacketJ

Jul 13, 2008
Hampshire
Passenger side, just behind the grab handle. On the headlining though, not the pillar

Last edited:

Flyin Scots

Jan 5, 2007
FAR 2 FAR NORTH
Ah right ok.
Maybe i've been getting myself a little confused with some of my wiring.
I have a connector that comes up to where the courtesy light is, according to VAGCAT that is where the sensor is located.
Maybe the plug i assume is for the motion sensor isn't for it at all, just not sure what else it could be for??

JacketJ

Jul 13, 2008
Hampshire
The courtesy light is by the rear view mirror, I think some euro spec cars had automatic wipers with the sensor around there too which perhaps could be your mystery connector.

The alarm sensor is in a different place, but no idea what the plug looks like. Not too keen on pulling mine off to find out either - sorry!

Flyin Scots

Jan 5, 2007
FAR 2 FAR NORTH
I've just popped out and had a little check, the wiring i think is for the motion sensor is on the same section of loom as the interior light.
I untangled it there and it looks like your bang on the money the plug (a 6 pin rectangle) will reach the N/S B pillar area quite happily.
Still a little strange VAGCAT lists it as being mounted else where but hey ho.

Thanks very much for your help

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.