exhaust manifold to turbo gasket

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
anyone fitted a new gasket between the two on a 210 or 225 cupra r, if so how hard was it to do? and how hard was the botls to get out? thanks :)

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
There are a pain in the ass to remove the bolts, if rounded or snapped youre going to struggle
Managed to drill one out once (after about 3 hours and 50 drill bits)
On a different car I got so frustrated with it that I took the head off and milled them off at work

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
Well I was thinking if I can get other to off then wedge it apart enough to get mole grips in and mole grip it out after a night soaking in penetrating oil, as it's like the head of the bolt snapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Well I was thinking if I can get other to off then wedge it apart enough to get mole grips in and mole grip it out after a night soaking in penetrating oil, as it's like the head of the bolt snapped

Im afraid that just wont work mate, access is very limited in there, I normally end up cracking them with a breaker bar too
Also there is the possibility of pulling the insert out of the turbo that the bolt screws into

Conzo_f

Aug 2, 2013
plymouth
Hmm may just try with 2 bolts then, quick question would it harm the car driving with the gasket gone and a exhaust blow?

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
In a way not really but maybe cause the car to run rich which won't help. Try fixing it properly, can you not take the turbo off at the manifold and fix it easier when it's off, or are the nuts inaccessible with turbo on i can't remember?