Cupra Vs Cupra R

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
You can also have Recaros, SatNav and fold in wing mirrors on Cupra. Do you get LCR with leather or part leather Recaro seats?
I agree about the black headlining and rear view mirror... It look much better.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I meant OEM, standard from the factory with no hassle sourcing and fitting them.

Afraid all cloth, this isn't a Golf.

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
Yes, I meant OEM. My Cupra have part leather recaros and SatNav, and I'm pretty sure it came like this from factory.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
LC4, we didn't get that in the UK.

And 2001 is when Recaro were standard in them I believe now I'm thinking more clearly.

Last edited:

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
Leon Cupra 4, you didn't get awd in the UK? 1.9tdi with 150hp and hadex.
It is most likely bought new in Norway.

Yes, part leather with "Cupra" printed all over the cloth.

That link is not what I hoped for. I thought it would show me what equipment that was factory mounted.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Does the LCR get a quick rack? I'm sure I remember my cupra having light steering but also quite slow with the LCR having firmer steering feel and less turns required lock to lock.

wilfster

Mar 6, 2010
The Cupra R has a stronger front subframe, different suspension and steering compared to the Cupra. There are many detail differences and the handling is very different. The Cupra R has the Audi S4 front assembly whereas the other cars have what I assume is the standard Golf/Audi A4 set up.

Having owned both Cupra and Cupra R cars, I've noticed a difference in the way the turbo delivers power too. The 180bhp cars are fitted with the K03 turbo, while the R has the larger K04 turbo. Clearly the R is more powerful and faster, but I've always found the cars with the K03 turbo respond more quickly initially when the throttle is opened.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
The Cupra R has a stronger front subframe, different suspension and steering compared to the Cupra. There are many detail differences and the handling is very different. The Cupra R has the Audi S4 front assembly whereas the other cars have what I assume is the standard Golf/Audi A4 set up.

Having owned both Cupra and Cupra R cars, I've noticed a difference in the way the turbo delivers power too. The 180bhp cars are fitted with the K03 turbo, while the R has the larger K04 turbo. Clearly the R is more powerful and faster, but I've always found the cars with the K03 turbo respond more quickly initially when the throttle is opened.
Also the r has forged internals. Not the con rods tho...:(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.