leather seat stitching has come loose

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
Northern Ireland Portglenone
encountered my 1st issue with the car and seat have fobbed me off
a piece of the stitching has came loose on the passenger side which is hardly ever sat in, so i thought id try get it sorted under warranty to find out that seats are covered for 6months/6000miles:censored:
also to make things worse they say they wont restitch it and will replace the bottom part of the seat for a cool £290 + vat

anyone else out there had any issues yet?
cars covered 30000 miles and as said passenger side hardly used
also its on the side of the seat closest to the gear stick so even less chance that it was a pull on a piece of clothing which caused it

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I had this on my drivers side but was within the 6,000 time frame so they changed it without issue, do you have a picture ?

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
I have also had my seat replaced and mine was over 1 year old. At first they said no because there technicians and there warranty guy said it wasn't a fault, so I requested the pics be sent to Seat them selves and they said it would be covered and that yes it was a fault. So much for them being in the know.

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
yea the dealership took a number of pics and sent them to seat and they rang back the next day with the 6months rubbish lol
i dont have a pic on this computer but its on the ass part of the seat, for want of a better word. up in the top right hand side where the decorative stitching starts. probably the area which gets the least wear on the passenger side seat

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
I don't know how they can keep coming up with the 6 months 60k miles story, you would think they would look after there customers but yet people still buy them. I don't think I will be having leather next time, I don't think its tough enough, not even for general use.

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
yea ill prob stay clear of it from now on aswell. though if they check back their history i bought my last car new from that dealership and they gave me a pre-reg 1 we hand a big row and i got a brand new 1 then a few months down the line so they are prob just pulling another fly 1

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.