Disappointed with Vred Ultrac Sessanta on the LCR

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I've had my Vreds on for around 18 months now and although I only do about 6k per years they've got loads of life left in them.

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
Goodyear F1s aren't great at all like Ronin said. They slip far too easily for what they're worth.

I'll happily recommend Continental SportContact 5 tyres. Going great on my LCR and wearing well.

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
They're over rated them goodyears. Ive driven multiple cars with them and don't feel as confident to drive on than the likes of conti, pirelli, Michelin or Dunlop.

heggie

Jul 1, 2012
Ross-on-Wye
I've had my Vreds on for around 18 months now and although I only do about 6k per years they've got loads of life left in them.

There is no way its the same tread pattern, these must be the other type they do? Overall I would rate the tyre but the life is crap. Had I of got about 18 months or about 15k out of them I would have been very happy but 6 months and about 6k is a big thumbs down from me.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
A lot of this is down to personal preference, past experience and what your used to. I rate my Eagle F1s very highly as they are a million times better than the cheapos I had before and I'm used to them and the way the car handles.

For the OP, has the tracking been done on your car? I have heard that they aren't the longest lasting but that seems a bit extreme.

GTTIM

Mar 22, 2005
Ive got the F1 Assymetric 2 on my Cupra. They're OK, nothing more. Sidewall a bit too soft really. I actually preferred the T1-Rs Ive done about 8k on them so far and they were wearing un-evenly slightly on the front so i had an alignment done and the tyres rotated. I should probably get around 20k out of them.

heggie

Jul 1, 2012
Ross-on-Wye
Yeah tracking checked and the wear is identical all over each tyre and the have worn at the same rate so everything is pretty much spot on. The uniroyal 3s are on and whilst I have only done about 5 or 6 miles apart from being slightly nosier they seem to be ok. Will give them a proper run tomorrow as doing a few trips along some nice roads tomorrow.

Will take a few months to comment on wear though lol

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
There is no way its the same tread pattern, these must be the other type they do? Overall I would rate the tyre but the life is crap. Had I of got about 18 months or about 15k out of them I would have been very happy but 6 months and about 6k is a big thumbs down from me.

These are the Vreds I've got, vredestein ultrac sessanta
a048a063.jpg

Fitted them July 2012, in that time I've probably done around 6k miles

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
So what's the best British weather tyre then for a hot hatch.

There isn't one as we all want/prefer different things. Like most things some manufactures have more issues than others through.

The Jap's having the least problems, but slowly been caught up by Goodyear Dunlop, at the moment..

Last edited:

Parr17

Jan 28, 2012
Northampton
Got a set of Goodyear efficient grip performance on the front of my LCR and they are fantastic. Road noise massively reduced and wet and dry grip is 10x better than the eagle f1's I had before. Got them for £100 a corner so great price too! Highly recommend them to anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heggie

Jul 1, 2012
Ross-on-Wye
These are the Vreds I've got, vredestein ultrac sessanta
a048a063.jpg

Fitted them July 2012, in that time I've probably done around 6k miles

Thats quite amazing, mine dont look anything like that lol. Only driven in the wet so far on the rainsports 3 but much better than the vreds, Given the weather it will probably be about 3 months before we see the dry! lol

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Thats quite amazing, mine dont look anything like that lol. Only driven in the wet so far on the rainsports 3 but much better than the vreds, Given the weather it will probably be about 3 months before we see the dry! lol

It could be you had a bad batch, tyres have a shelf life.. If you have old tyre (sitting on factory shelf for ages), they wont perform any where near as well as brand new ones. Its always worth checking build dates on tryes.

I have vred fitted to my lcr and they really are excellent in wet and dry, wear isnt an issue either. Will definitely get another pair next time around.

Last edited:

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
I've got the vred ultrac vorti's, i think the wet grip lets them down a little but the wear on them isnt any worse than anything else i have tried

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.