My mk1 LCR STAGE 2

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Thought i would share my LCR on here...

I had a Stage 1 MK4 Golf 1.8T AUQ for 3 years before this so knew a fair bit about 1.8T's. Before this come up i was about to travel up to Bolton to buy a Civic type-R as i wanted to get away from the MK4 platform lol
The LCR come up for sale about 2mins away from my house so well worth a look and i was completely won over by it and had to get it :)

I purchased it roughly a year ago from Marco cupra off here, shamelessly most of the mods was already fitted, i just had the pleasure of driving it completed :D

Loads of mods but key ones are:

18" BBS CK alloys, camber shims on the rear
Weitec Gt Coilovers
Rear de-wiperd
Later LCR steering wheel
K1 gear knob and gaitor with Short shifter
All 4 interior door handles sprayed in exterior colour
Race diagnostics Liquid gauge
All interior and exterior bulbs have been upgraded to bright light bulbs
Forge upper boost pipe (polished)
Badger 5 TIP
Full 3” exhaust system inc sports cat
Green cotton air filter fitted to an R32 intake pipe
Forge 008 DV (yellow spring)
Forge FMIC
N249 + SAI deleted and oil catch can installed
Polished inlet manifold with a New south power gasket
Carbon effect lower engine cover
All other hoses now silicon

Revo stage 2 map with SPS controller

Since i have owned it i've re-sprayed the whole front end, wings, bonnet and bumper to get rid of stone chips
New clutch plate and Slave cylinder
New thermostat and temperature sensor
Installed a powerflex steering mount
Replaced all 4 tyres- Vredestein ultrac vorti on the front and Nankang NS2 on the back
Replaced the front brake pads (standard brembo's but when the discs need replacing i'll be getting DS2500's)
Had the remap software checked, boost pressure tested for leaks and the front alloys aligned at Back draft motorsport in Milton Keynes
Replaced the passenger CV boot
Replaced drivers side ABS sensor
Replaced the rear discs and pads to dimpled and grooved

I'm not sure whats next, to be honest ive spent alot on it recently so i may just enjoy what i've got until show season and get some different wheels :confused:

Keen to see what people think and where i can take it... :)

Last edited:

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Firstly welcome to the forum. :) Sounds like a great car, it's got a lovely spec. Get your post count up and post some pictures.

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks, yeah im trying to get it up (no pun intended haha) atleast it gives me time to give it a polish and take some up to date pictures

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
Right ok i should be allowed to post pics now, fingers crossed. Just got these 2 for now, im waiting until tomorrow to give it a good clean :)

28cde159-710a-4e09-b11c-2bf5b00da1e3_zpsc76c492a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

034caca0-88d6-487d-8f3d-1e524eb9471f_zps374d9e3c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
Ok so I've been busy today, managed to dodge the rain and got a winter detail in, wash, clay bar, polish and seal. Come out alright :)
Had to rush the pictures before I lost daylight

I could run lower but this is sort of winter mode, plus it's hard enough getting around as it is lol

FC2D0446-6DFC-45C7-8380-A8480DAC5F9F_zps0vio3pz7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
5FB81186-9BF9-44BE-8AA4-2E92B30F8710_zpstsw0c2st.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ABD849D8-6B64-40F7-8667-6581BFD8156D_zpsaemgua3v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
28FDBB50-0ACF-442C-8AE0-23CC2FCFCEC7_zpsnncifuzi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
7BE4BF31-C79D-4805-823F-8334DFCCB5AC_zpsveru15ic.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also fitted a set of these to the back this weekend :)

C1EEA7C5-6D60-4685-84EF-154AD823A918_zpswc6djoba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
Looks really nice mate. I do love a really clean red car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks for the comments guys,
the wheels are a shadow chrome finish, they really do shine after a clean. I like the original alloys but I prefer to stick out from every other lowered lcr aswell, might change them one day, fancy something Porsche ;)
Boring things next, cv boot, ball joint, wheel bearing, service, mot and tax. Oh the joys of car ownership lol

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks for the comments guys,
the wheels are a shadow chrome finish, they really do shine after a clean. I like the original alloys but I prefer to stick out from every other lowered lcr aswell, might change them one day, fancy something Porsche ;)
Boring things next, cv boot, ball joint, wheel bearing, service, mot and tax. Oh the joys of car ownership lol

That's why I'm staying OEM, everyone else is changing these days.
Something Porsche would be decent :)

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
I've got the photo bucket app, upload your pic there and then copy the Img code, go to thread, click advanced and then insert photo (comes up with another box) paste your code. Job done.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.