Central Convenience door lights/door panel flickering

agent

ice ice baby...
Jan 20, 2002
outR space
Hello

Everytime I get into the car I hear a noise of a relay ticking, coming from the fuses area. With this ticking all door lights go off (internal light and boot light and door panel lighting + window buttons). It goes on and off no matter if door/boot is open, and it flickers nearly all the time. This flickering seems to ease when it gets warmer. I have it scanned, there are no errors in central convenience and the door switches seem to work properly, but the problem is when the tick of this relay occurs, the communication with the central convenience module is lost - "no response from the controller". I do not have any central locking problems etc, except there is some small problem with the boot lock. If I unlock it by central locking from closed state, the boot lock unlocks remains opened, and then after (30-60seconds) locks again. This locking behavior was for a long time before the flickering problem which occured lately, and wasn't so annoying as this flickering is.

Could you please tell me if it is the problem with microswitch in the boot or faulty convenience module ?

thanks in advance

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Mmm I think in this case I'd be inclined to try another ccm, the ticking you hear will be the ccm, it has relays in it for various things.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.