what have you done to your car today ?

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
Had an oil change on my 1.8T ARY engine yesterday, but was about 700ml short with oil.. After the oil and filter change i let the motor idle for about 5-10 mins, turned the engine off and waited 5mins and checked the dipstick, and it was completely DRY!! i went out this morning and checked it again.. Still not a drop of oil on it?? Does this make sense at all?? Thanks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
Approx 3.8ltrs. The user Manual says 4.5ltrs with filter.. My brother whos a mecanic doesnt understand s***.. :( im suppose to drive 300km's today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DuamoLCR

Mar 23, 2013
Brackley
Put more in should be 4.5ltrs
With that it should be half way between the marks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

DuamoLCR

Mar 23, 2013
Brackley
Not sure bud but it'd start with adding more.you sure you got the right filter? ( bigger filter more oil)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JCLCR

Jan 4, 2014
I've replaced my rear discs and pads on my LCR for grooved and drilled discs this weekend, look lush behind the alloys, really happy with them :)

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
fitted a new turbo..foooooooooooooooooooooooooking hell them 3 manifold bolts are a bitch to do, but in general not bad, plumbed it in just pipes and all that jazz to fit, I used a new hel feed pipe, a pretty tight fit the turbo end but it fits. The k03s will come out from the top by the way, if you have a strut brace that needs to be out also.filled up with coolant and that's it till next wk to bleed and finish off.
turbo blades were funked and way loads of paly on turbo

supa_sam

Black n yellow says hello
Feb 24, 2013
Leeds
Door seals... What a mess, whoever attempted to do them previously didn't bother cleaning all the old seal out, just siliconed all over the top of it (not very well) bonding the carrier plate to the door in the process! I've had no other choice but to re-mastic the carriers as I couldn't get them off to seal underneath! Would love to meet the guy that did this before me!

mm23

Sep 12, 2013
tuff love

Today i am mostly resealing the drivers door leak! Next week i will be ripping the dash electrics out and praying It stops raining.Then maybe i get to ride my baby again mk1 cupra:shrug:

Davidt1033

Jul 18, 2012
Basingstoke
Removed and cleaned throttle body. Stopped the car cutting out by resetting the TB and EGR valve with VCDS. Changed the CTS and thermostat, new anti freeze. Job done, she's running all nicely again. New downpipe and front disc/pads to do next, when I can afford it. Might give it a good clean and general TLC next weekend. Happy. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.