Needle sweep

May 21, 2009
Is it possible through vag com or vcds to activate needle sweep on ignition?

And it's here any specific threads on what can be done with vag com/vcds

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Don't think there's an actual topic here which shows you. If I get bored one weekend, might have to play with the car and put one together...

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
You can adjust steering weight, add comfort rear wiper, add locking/unlocking chirps (if you have an alarm) and adjust the number of flashes from the comfort indicator function.

Maybe some other bits and pieces I've forgotten about.

abbotsmike

Dec 17, 2011
Uxbridge
Can anyone recommend a half decent cheap VCDS cable? Want to have a play with VCDS lite, without comitting to the full version. I have an Ibiza mk4, my dad a leon mk1, a mate a leon mk2, and my gf is about to get a mk1 TT. Anything that will work with all of those?

posterboy

Apr 7, 2010
Suffolk
I am interested in carrying this out as well, please elaborate on how to do these?

You can adjust steering weight, add comfort rear wiper, add locking/unlocking chirps (if you have an alarm) and adjust the number of flashes from the comfort indicator function.

Maybe some other bits and pieces I've forgotten about.

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
I believe the Comfort Indicators can't be done a pre-facelift models?

The steering weight is:

Ign On - Engine Off

44 - Steering Assist - Recode and note the number.

E.g 10151

Increase the fourth number for heavier steering or decrease for lighter steering :)

- Save and Close

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Can anyone recommend a half decent cheap VCDS cable? Want to have a play with VCDS lite, without comitting to the full version. I have an Ibiza mk4, my dad a leon mk1, a mate a leon mk2, and my gf is about to get a mk1 TT. Anything that will work with all of those?
Gendan sell good quality cables.

Such a cable will work on your mk4, Leon Mk1 and TT mk1, but the Leon mk2 requires a CAN interface that are much more expensive. The full version of VCDS-lite will only cost $99 and is worth every penny (or cent). Once you've had a little play you'll see. I wouldn't be without it now, especially with 3 VAG cars in the household.
I am interested in carrying this out as well, please elaborate on how to do these?
Always make a note of your existing coding before changing them, just in case you have a problem you can revert back.

Comfort wiper - address 46 central convenience --> recode --> add 8192 to your existing soft coding number.

As for the alarm chirp and the comfort indicator flash adjustment, they are added by going to address 46 central convenience --> adaption 10. I am away from home so can't pull up the exact procedure until next month when I'm home again. But if you scroll up through the adaption channels, the program will advise you what to change, it's very self-explanatory. You'll see if/when you try it :)
I believe the Comfort Indicators can't be done a pre-facelift models?
No it can, my 2002 1.2 did, as does my 2004 1.2.

abbotsmike

Dec 17, 2011
Uxbridge
Gendan sell good quality cables.

Such a cable will work on your mk4, Leon Mk1 and TT mk1, but the Leon mk2 requires a CAN interface that are much more expensive. The full version of VCDS-lite will only cost $99 and is worth every penny (or cent). Once you've had a little play you'll see. I wouldn't be without it now, especially with 3 VAG cars in the household.

Awesome, cheers for the advice! Might have to actually get one bought. Still haven't coded in my C2 indicators for the towbar...

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Oh, I meant change the amount of flashes. I have them already :)
That's also what I meant :lol:

I've heard one or two people say the comfort rear wiper can't be done on facelifts. I've no way to test though as I don't have a facelift to try it on. So just a word of warning to facelift owners attempting it...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.