key fob

Fuseman

Need to pick someone's brains, I have a 2003 Ibiza it came with just 1 key which is just a standard key with no buttons. If I buy a remote key fob off ebay with a 2 buttons will it lock/unlock the doors?, currently turning the key once opens the drivers door and if you turn it again it unlocks the passenger door, turning the key in the opposite direction locks both doors. Also is it possible to reprogramed the fob yourself or will it have to go to Seat?.:)

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Yes as long as it is a un-programmed virgin key, with a 434mhz range and suitable with Immo-3. You'll need to program the key to the immobiliser using VCDS and your SKC. If you don't have your SKC, then VAG Commander or VAG Tacho should be able to retrieve it.

You'll also have to get the key cut at a suitable key cutters before programming.

Last edited:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
To the OP, where are you located?

It doesn't necessarily have to go to SEAT, my preferred way of doing it would be to buy a brand new remote section of a flip key from ebay (approx £20), you could then find a local auto-locksmith who could provide the blade section, cut it to fit your ignition, and sort the coding.

The charge from an auto-locksmith varies, one local to me provided the blade section and cut it for £30. I sorted the coding myself using software at home as mentioned by Badger.

Sherman28

I've got the key with 2 buttons how can I get a flip key?

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
eBay is your best bet!

If you're willing to sacrifice your old key, you can use the small transponder chip in the new fob just need to cut the key and pair the fob.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise